• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help max no of email accounts

chakrii

Lurker
Jun 19, 2010
hi

i am using a blackberry and have configured 10 mail accounts (business & personal) and want to switch to xperia x10 mini or xperia x10, is there any practical limit on the email accounts to be configured on x10 mini or x10? i would like to know this before i switch to one of these handsets? can somebody let me know?

Thank you

Hi

Depending on how much mail you read/write I not sure if the mini is the best choice.
I've tried a full qwerty virtual keyboard on it and it does work but it's a bit picky on where you tap on the screen. The T9 variant takes some time getting used to again but it does its job faster and faster.
Note, there's a PRO version of the mini coming, which has a slide-out qwerty keyboard.

Regarding the number of accounts.
With the mini you got 3 programs for checking your mail.
The default email reader takes 1 account as far as I'm able to tell.
The Gmail app takes...you gmail account :)

And then there's RoadSync (mail and callendar) which syncs to an exchange server.
I don't know if it's able to connect to multiple exchange accounts, but you can take a closer look at it here :
RoadSync - Access Outlook E-mail on Your Android-powered Phone Wirelessly!

I'm sure you'll also find more email apps in the Market.
If I'm correct the Android version (1.6 on the mini) is holding back at the number of accounts you can sync. A quick google search told me this is changed in Android 2.1 which will be available in Q3 this year.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones