Maxx as WiFi hotspot?General

Last Updated:

1. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Well-Known Member

How is it working for you as a hotspot, does the phone get warm?

I may Ned to do this with the Maxx if I get one as I need some way to connect it to App Radio in my car and may do so by installing a android PC in my car but will need to hotspot the phone for Data access

Advertisement
  2. rjack22

rjack22 Member

If you are on Verizon and have unlimited data the free hotspot will not work, at least not at this time. You would be forced to pay for Verizon's Mobile Hotspot.
  3. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Well-Known Member

Right, I am more curious of the phone behavior more so then the carrier requirements.. I have shared data so I get hotspot access
  4. LoBatt

LoBatt Well-Known Member

It works way too well. :) My Internet at home went out last week so I hotspotted my tablet to stream football on the espn app and chewed through some serious data. Didn't get hot and got like 18 hours out of the phone pulling something like 3 GB of data. This thing is a beast.
  5. tbhausen

tbhausen Well-Known Member

I have tethering and 12 GB data and use the Maxx as hotspot for my Xoom tablet. It only gets moderately warm and seems to have great endurance.
  6. kmwhiten

kmwhiten Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried FoxFi on the Maxx?
  7. Kevin-B

Kevin-B Well-Known Member

Yes, tried it for a bit with no luck. I'm not rooted (nor do I intend to be), so clandestine hotspots may be impossible for me. I may try again, just to be sure I didn't overlook anything.
  8. golfbiz

golfbiz Well-Known Member

FoxFi works great but you have to use the USB Pdanet, but I use it for my laptop so no problem with usb tether, wireless does not work as far as I know yet but would only need that for my tablets, although was nice for kids on trips to tether their ipads off my Razr maxx
  9. Kevin-B

Kevin-B Well-Known Member

Hey, golfbiz: Can you give more detail on how to use FoxFi with USB Pdanet. Or is it so painfully straightforward that I couldn't possibly mess up? Like, what settings on each, do I have to launch both, etc.