Maxx -- Weak VibrationGeneral

Last Updated: 2015-01-10 16:10:37
  1. mycuzinvinny

mycuzinvinny Active Member

I am coming from the Incredible 4g and like many things about the Maxx. I have had to adjust to the size, but I am getting use to it.

One of the features I liked about my Incredible was its strong vibration when getting calls/texts.

With the Maxx, though, the vibration is pretty weak, almost undetectable. Is there a 3rd party app to increase the strength of the vibration or will it take rooting the phone to be able to do this?

I have a few days left in my 14 day window, does anyone else have this issue?

Advertisement
  2. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

Many of us are coming from the Galaxy Nexus. Compared to the Gnex, this thing is earth rattling. The Gnex had the faintest vibration on any phone.
  3. CKwik240

CKwik240 Well-Known Member

There is a setting under sounds where you can change the vibration pattern. Doesn't change the intensity, but it may help it become more noticeable.
  4. mistermojorizi

mistermojorizi Well-Known Member

mine was pretty strong. i find the maxx is ok, but short.
  5. tbhausen

tbhausen Well-Known Member

I like the Maxx vibration. Motorola seems to know the difference between a buzzer and a vibrator. Most phones make so much noise while vibrating that an entire conference room can hear them. Have you ever heard an iPhone vibrate on a conference table? Why not just turn the ringer up all the way, instead? There's no difference. The Maxx gets this feature right. Instead of a more audible buzz, the Maxx gives more of a low-frequency rumble that most people won't hear. Score one for Motorola in the common-sense design column.
  6. 18t

18t Well-Known Member

I think it's weak. My gnex had a stronger vibrate. Vibrate on this reminds me of Motorola iden devices 6 years ago.
  7. tools

tools New Member

I just picked up a Maxx and have to same problem and will probably have to return it unless I figure something out. I previously had htc Verizon Droid. The different vibrate "patterns" do not increase the ability to detect. I went with the Maxx because the battery life is reasonable. Not so much on the smaller phones. Since my my phone is always on vibrate, this is a major problem.