Maxx won't root

Last Updated: 2012-04-02 07:41:08
  1. bignik

bignik New Member

My Razr Maxx, will not root. I have tried motofail and razr root and it will not root. I have un-installed the driver and re-installed the drivers on my PC and still nothing. If someone could point me in the right direction, if you don't have an answer. If you could help, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

-Cheers!

Advertisement
  2. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

USB Debugging on?
    Set usb to "Charge Only"?
  3. bignik

bignik New Member

Check and Check. I rooted other phones before but this is the only one that I have had issues with?

-Cheers!
  4. emburybrett

emburybrett Well-Known Member

do you have the last drivers from motorola ?
  5. bignik

bignik New Member

Yep, I uninstalled them and installed them and still nothing?

-Cheers
  6. henningta

henningta New Member

Try executing the run.bat file as administrator. Right Click > "Run as administrator" and see if it works then. I had that problem rooting an Evo awhile ago so maybe it would fix this one as well. Also try turning off USB debugging and turning it back on. I've read that works for some people.
  7. buckner46060

buckner46060 New Member

Have you tried different USB cables?
  8. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Can you simply connect with adb? didn't see the check for "unknown sources" under applications mentioned either.

I did the latest motofail on a brand new maxx this morning, it had the latest android, and worked perfectly.
  9. Deuch

Deuch New Member

ive done everything on here, and reset all checks twice... still the run screen sits @ *Daemon Started Sucsessfully* but never does anything to the phone and also does not move from that point.. any tips?