May 3rd everyoneGeneral

1. matt0715

matt0715 Well-Known Member

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/16/samsung-will-unveil-the-next-galaxy-phone-may-3rd-in-london

Can't wait!

Advertisement
    :
    jerofld likes this.
  2. Scootmien

Scootmien Well-Known Member Contributor

Just saw this on Techradar and Engadget too.

If indeed the launch event is for the new SGS3, I wonder how long it will be until it is available to purchase by mere mortals such as me...
  3. xtop

xtop Well-Known Member

Can we get the title changed to something a little more useful?

Samsung will unveil 'next Galaxy' phone at May 3rd event in London | The Verge

4. Nagrom

Nagrom Well-Known Member

Now all I need is the OFFICIAL specs of the Ascend Quad D XL to be announced, and I can make my choice.

1X
    SGS3
    Ascend.

Andy
  5. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

6. AndroidifyMe

AndroidifyMe Well-Known Member

Its an annual thing for me when I run back to Androidforums. When the Galaxy series tries to top itself , and the Nexus line. This is going be fun. I need to update my info by the way ;)
  7. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

The only thing that worries me is this could be any phone....the "next galaxy"

could just be the next in the Galaxy line, not the S3
  8. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

They wouldn't send out press invitation like this for just another mediocre phone release. I'm pretty sure this is about GSIII.
  9. Wontfinishlast

Wontfinishlast Well-Known Member

Downloaded a countdown widget just for this :D
  10. Android26

Android26 Well-Known Member

Yeah, regardless of what they decide to name it, this is going to be the phone we expected to be called the SGS3. There'd be no reason for the secrecy and the extravagant launch date if otherwise.

Who cares if they decide to tweak the name a bit as long as its still the same phone? And frankly, just because it says "The Next Galaxy" doesn't 100% mean the name will be changed at all.

Just my thoughts
  11. eric325

eric325 New Member

Just can't wait for my first Android phone. Have been glued to this SG3 article for quite awhile. Also nearly bought the Galaxy Note but told myself to just HANG ON.
    May 3 - Just can't wait it
  12. Gearu

Gearu Well-Known Member

Hopefully the phone will come earlier but I was starting to suspect a September 3 launch.... S3, it's a little over 3 months away, I'm expecting August, but 3 days into September isn't so bad is it? just to make the naming connection.

I wanted to guess the announcement date being on the 3rd based on that guy's twitter about going to London on the 2nd, but due to the large amount of wolf crying that's been going on with S3 speculation I just figured it was another guy trying to be smug and cause a stir and get some attention, unfortunately (and fortunately!), it really was the wolf this time.
  13. nyg010

nyg010 Well-Known Member

I actually read an article that Samsung learned their lesson last time around, and this time us regular folks in the US might not be too far down the road.

Also, quick question. How far is the release date after an announcement like this usually?
  14. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

That all depends on Samsung & the carriers.
  15. heavychevy

heavychevy Well-Known Member

I'm excited about the hd samoled, but want to see if they finally put good radios in the phone yet. aside from that I have no reason to upgrade. Cant imagine a phone muh faster than the S2.