May have bricked for real

Last Updated:

1. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I flashed Shadow ROM, and when it should of been booting up, it beeped 3 times and then flashing green notification light. I couldn't do anything but pull battery. tried to turn it on same 3 beeps and light. the only thing that works is when I pull batt, then plug the phone into a charger and it get a red light and I can get into recovery only this way but once I pull the power when in recovery bang 3 beeps and lights. it's crazy. I was s-off and it turned me to s-on. if anyone can help id really appreciated it.

Advertisement
  2. Vaseline Smith

Vaseline Smith Well-Known Member

Ouch. Sorry Bud, Try the IRC rom channel.

3. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Try putting the files you need on your sdcard with your PC and then see if you can get s-off again and flash a new another rom while plugged in and see what happens.

4. SynisterWolf

SynisterWolf Well-Known Member

If you can get to recovery you can still flash a custom recovery from unrevoke of the wiki site to get s off. I don't have a link to the site on my phone but I can update when I get home.this is what I think hapoened. I think the 3 beeps is telling you the Rom on your phone is not signed and it won't boot to protect the phone. I could be wrong but go to there page and get the update.zip and flash it.

5. ACD168

thats the other weird thing once into recovery it wont read any sd card no matter what format. things fudged. refurb is being over nighted.

6. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I just had the same problem when booting into recovery from Rom Manager which Koush just updated. Changelog says:

Fix crash bug if SD card is not mounted. Assosicate zip files with Rom Manager.

Never had a problem until the update though. Rebooted and the phone remounted the card from an error state. Reflashed clockwork and it's working for now but this is the 2nd time in a week I reflashed it. I'm wondering if this could somehow cause a problem for people cuz I have to doubt you did anything wrong with your experience...bad file, maybe but kinda doubtful. Did you check the file size? Anyway, good to hear you have another one on the way.

7. ACD168

Thanks man I appreciate it, I checked the MD5 and it all was well, so im baffled. I actually tried pushing for the galaxy X but they had none of it. I'm weary to root again, and hope I don't get in troble for still havein the clockwork ercovery on it. I still dont understand how this ROM made s-off turn back to S-ON. I thought only the clockwork file could do that. kinda sucks. cos now i need to have a power outlet to reboot my phone along with a battery pull.... sweet.

8. iowabowtech

So your back to the stock recovery too or still CWM? Or can you even access either at this point? And yeah, that s-on thing is effed up!! And then went back to s-off? Craziness.

9. SynisterWolf

SynisterWolf Well-Known Member

Well if its s on recovery won't even show up. And I don't think they will go through the phone to see why it error. I think the just plug it into a machine and just flash it back to 2.2 stock.

10. GMK83

GMK83 Well-Known Member

The 3 beeps sounds like it is going into Qualcomm diagnostic mode. Can you get into the bootloader?

11. ACD168

I know man I was so happy to see that it went back to the s-off after being all f-ed up.. then i wiped everything, and did a back-up of my nandroid thinkging all would be fine.. nope 3 beep.. and now I'm back to s-on all of a sudden too btw... and I can't get to any recovery... unless plugged in of coarse

I hope so thanks for the response.

i could try what would this mean if I could?? I plugged it into my brother windows vista machine to try and run the 2.2 rUU cuz I'm on win7 and it doesn't work. I saw something about what u mentioned but i think it failed or i unplugged cos i didn't realize what o twas doing then i saw and didn't know how to get it back..

12. iowabowtech

Good point. ACD, have you ever pulled the battery at the SAME TIME the usb cable was removed? That's the supposed way to get out of the diagnostics mode.

13. GMK83

GMK83 Well-Known Member

14. ACD168

it wont take cos om s-on

15. GMK83

GMK83 Well-Known Member

It shouldn't matter its signed. Can you get soft back?

16. ACD168

what's soft back mean? I really appriciate you helping me I'm redownlading this again and going to try it out again. maybe it didnt download fully

17. GMK83

GMK83 Well-Known Member

Oops. That was a typo from my phone. I was asking if you can get back to s-off.

18. ACD168

I wasnt able to flash abything from recovery for some reason it wouldnt take anything from any sd card.. but this pb31img.zip is in works right now... ill update afterwards thanks alot dude.

19. ACD168

Well it took the file and everything said ok, but when i rebooted, it did the 3 bepps black screen bs... but at least im at stock recovery, splash screen and s-on for when I send it off so thank you for that haha.

20. GMK83

GMK83 Well-Known Member

This is signed by htc so it shouldt work regardless of s-off or s-on. It's an official RUU so you can just redo root and s-off after.

21. ACD168

I did the file and im still having the problem. i can only turn the phone on when pull battery, plug into wall get red light turn on and i cant unplug till phone is booted. otherwsise it 3 beeps,

22. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

still like that playing around with different ROMS idea now lol :)

23. b1gg134

b1gg134 Well-Known Member

24. b1gg134

b1gg134 Well-Known Member

It hasnt stopped me, I have flashed 3 different ROMS since getting my refurb last Tuesday.

OP dont let it slow you down any, it is just a freak thing that happens once in awhile. Keep tweaking and flashing your phone to get it how you like it.