May have bricked phone - "Failed to boot 2"

1. Beer Baron

Beer Baron Member

I searched on here, xda, and elsewhere on google but never found a resolution...

I rooted my friend's atrix using Pete's Motorola Root Tools (very easy, by the way). Immediately made a recover image, downloaded Ti Backup and backed up all apps and user info. Downloaded CM7 and Gapps, rebooted into recover, and STUPIDLY installed CM7 without doing a wipe (I'm pretty sure I forgot to wipe, but I may have). Installed Gapps, then rebooted. Started the normal boot process and then I got the error "Failed to boot 2".

I can get it to boot back to that point. The next line says "Starting RSD mode". I can get RSD Lite to recognize the phone, but the latest sbf file I can find is 1.5.7. He originally had the latest AT&T OTA installed (GB 2.3.4). If I flash this sbf, will it seriously brick his phone? It looks like the way the phone is right now, I can get it working again. I just want to make sure I'm not completely effing this up.

I've rooted and installed custom roms on my incredible probably a hundred times. These Motorolas are a PITA!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Beer Baron

Beer Baron Member

OK finally found a working link to 4.5.91 which is the official moto 2.3.4 sbf. It was a real pain with all the major file sharing sites down - xda hasn't been updated...
  3. Beer Baron

Beer Baron Member

If anyone is interested, it worked. PM me if you need the link for the sbf.
    Butters619 likes this.
  4. Rhemet

Rhemet New Member

I attempted to flash the clockwork mod so I could install the cm9
    I followed the instructions to install cm9 from the following website
    Atrix CM9 (CyanogenMod 9) ROM: Try ADT's Selfkangish build -- Impressive!

After entering clockwork mod recovery and following the steps on the website, I ended up with a Atrix that doesn't even boot, It just says
    "Failed to boot 2
    Starting RSD mode"

-I've tried entering fast boot mode and re-entering the clockwork mod recovery using the volume buttons and the power on button, but it still Fails:(
    :confused:
    PLEASE HELP ME, I hope there is someone who can help me fix this
  5. Rhemet

Rhemet New Member

I have read that you can use RSD lite to flash the stock .sbf file
    But I cannot find a live links for the sbf file, does anyone know where I can find this :confused:
    There are multiple links like on the xda developers site, but all the files are missing
    PLEASE HELP ME
  6. Rhemet

Rhemet New Member

I have read that you can use RSD lite to flash the stock .sbf file
    But I cannot find a live links for the sbf file, does anyone know where I can find this
    There are multiple links like on the xda developers site, but all the files are missing
    My atrix 4g is also saying failed to boot 2 entering RSD mode
    PLEASE HELP ME
  7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Try clicking on Beer Baron's name above, choose to send a private message and ask him to send you the link as he said he could, or just post it here.

I've consolidated your other posts here, where it will be easier for folks to help you than if you post in multiple places.

Welcome to the forums, best luck, don't panic. :)
    Rhemet likes this.
  8. Rhemet

Rhemet New Member

I have already contacted beer baron, I dont think he will reply because he hasn't posted in a while
  9. kdm_2809

kdm_2809 New Member