Maybe Bricked, I hope not. Please Help!

Last Updated:

1. Davelosm

Davelosm Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all, I'm pretty new to this android stuff so please bear with me..

I had a go at installing 2.1 via usb and flashing, which worked well.
    Then I had a go at rooting, which worked well.
    Then I has a go at installing Pulsar, not realizing that it isnt yet best friends with 2.1, and needless to say, that did not work well.

Now i have a phone that gets stuck on the Moto logo, and won't do anything else.

I looked around the forums and first advice was to go into recovery and try wiping the user data, that didnt work.

I assume i just need to get a 2.01 update on it or something like that but how do i do that without turning the phone on?

Any help would be very much appreciated!
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

Use RSD Lite and a SBF ROM from this site -> motorola_milestone:sbf [And Developers]

Turn your Milestone off then turn it on while holding the "up" button on the D-pad (D-pad + power button). When the screen lights up you can let go and you'll be at the bootloader. Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable and hope RSD Lite recognizes it. Select a ROM and select your Milestone then press START. Wait for everything to finish and you'll have a working Milestone again.

Everything you need can be found on the link I provided.

PS: I think you can use the service version of the ROM so it doesn't wipe your user data.

Davelosm likes this.
  3. Davelosm

Awesome, I didn't know you could still flash without needing the phone on. That makes things much easier for the future.

Thanks fejker, that was exactly what I needed- but no one seems to have said it before in these forums. I saw a few droid forums that talked about the 'up' button on the D-pad, but I thought that was the equivalent of the Power and Camera button process.

Anyway, thanks again.
    Dave

4. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

I'm assuming your Milestone is working now.

I haven't tried flashing like that because a slightly different procedure also works. The procedure is different in that way that you don't have to boot your phone into recovery and can flash it straight at the home screen.

5. Davelosm

Yep, its all working now, thanks for your help. I knew about the flash while on home screen but didn't know you could using the up on the d pad

6. scg

scg Member

@fejker:
    you are great man..

this thing happened to me, just now.. and thanks alot mate :D