maybe check problems with the phone before bringing it out?Support

Last Updated:

1. kfennly

kfennly New Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 16, 2010
    Being a student and finally thinking i had a good phone alas, was short lived when i found out that firstly, when i dowloaded songs etc, they wouldnt actually play; then the day after realising that my wifi just would not work :mad:
    it just kept saying that it was disconnected, i turned off my phone and restarted it, turned off the wifi, and also forgot the network and reconnected several times. all of which did not work, i know i sound like an old hag, but im just really quite gutted that when i finally get a phone that IT DOESNT ACTUALLY WORK :mad:

2. tiggerlator

tiggerlator Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    How does music not play? it works fine on mine. Are the songs mp3 format?

Wifi also works fine on mine, did it ever connect to your router?
  3. OFI

OFI Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Having trouble connecting to my router here too...

Oddly I can connect to the one at the other end of the flat and my neighbours one fine but the one in my room (Zoom DSL Modem) it just isn't interested. Will investigate tomorrow.

Oh and one thing to rule out. Both routers in my house use WPA2 so it's not that..
  4. Salad

Salad Active Member

Feb 10, 2010
    The San Fran appears to only like certain routers. A list of said routers has not yet been compiled, but a fix is currently in the works. The Nexus used to have the Wifi issue, but it was rectified with 2.2. A similar thing may happen with the San Fran. In the meantime, there are temporary fixes available on the market that may work for you. Have a look in to Wifi Auto Re-enabler.

As for your music, it's probably due to formatting. Android doesn't support many codecs at the moment, so if for some reason you had all your music in FLAC or OGG or something silly, you'd have trouble playing it.