maybe i misunderstand wireless tethering??

Last Updated:

1. jxker

jxker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

what i want is my computer to use my phones connection to access the internet...is this possible???

i get an ad hoc connection but i cant get my computer onto the internet

Advertisement
  2. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

Yes, that (what you want to do...) is exactly what the big enjoyment of WiFi Tether is.
    I know that on some tether apps there is a security section in the menu, but I believe most are defaulted to allow anyone (computer) to "see" the Android Wireless Tether.
    If you are having these complex difficulties, I suggest that it is your computer that needs some settings tweaked.
    Are you running Vista? (+10 points for difficulty & PITA-ness right there, if you are. Lol!)

3. jxker

jxker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

running xp, everything connects but i can't get on the internet

4. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

Odd. XP is nice & easy.
    Your 3G is on, right?
    Which app are you using?
    If you can't figure it out, I suggest un-installing the app, rebooting and then re-installing.
    You can also try a different app (I think there are a couple) just to further narrow your troubleshooting (puter vs Droid).

5. brnr17

brnr17 Well-Known Member

and be sure to check the setting. Wireless tether for root has setting in it to make it secure, if your setting were changed, or they were the default settings for you it wouldnt allow your computer to connect to your phone.