• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Maybe it's me

starstress

Android Enthusiast
Feb 15, 2011
Southside ATL, from New York
Or maybe its maybelline lol sorry couldnt resist but seriously tho in my short android life (just had an optimus m and my esteem) Ive noticed with both phones after I do some wiping and flashing of different roms that the phones performance drops dramatically. Im talking Lag city. Sometimes I dial a number and it wont actually start calling out until a minute later,sometimes my keyboard is inactive or sometimes itll just plain lag to the point where its freezing. Is this normal or is it just me? Maybe its an app that I have. Now I admit I do have some paid apps youc an get on the market but I uhhh didnt get them off the market so maybe this is just karma. But just wanna see what youze have been experiencing. remember Ive had this issue with both phones. Gonna take that S3 leap of faith in a couple weeks though. Thanks in advance.

The gs3 has some lag in it, I just got the LG spirit and its smooth as butter. I was shocked how much more responsive and lag free it is compared to the gs3. I'd suggest going to a Metro pcs corporate store and play with the both of them. They usually have ones on display to try out. Also get an app killer, you'd be surprised how many apps are still running in the back ground after you exit out of them.

Reactions: starstress
Upvote 0
Try wiping your internal card first from settings, not from CWM. Then wipe everything in CWM (factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik) and install your rom. Backup first! This cleared up my sluggishness issues.

not sure if you are saying to do a factory rest from the privacy menu but if so, don't do that if your phone is root it will brick it.

Upvote 0
The gs3 has some lag in it, I just got the LG spirit and its smooth as butter. I was shocked how much more responsive and lag free it is compared to the gs3. I'd suggest going to a Metro pcs corporate store and play with the both of them. They usually have ones on display to try out. Also get an app killer, you'd be surprised how many apps are still running in the back ground after you exit out of them.

I wouldn't suggest an app killer since as soon as it kills the app it restarts and causes more ram to be lost :thumbup:

Upvote 0
I use a simple app killer called 'fast reboot'... yes, it restarts everything that is normally set to start, but it clears out a ton of stuff in the process. You cannot set it to kill specific apps, but it is 1 simple button/icon press & the lag is gone.

Also, why not simply press the menu > settings > applications > running services & then kill anything you don't use often, such as maps, wifi, facebook, play store, whatever?

Also, it is a good idea to restart your phone at least once a week, or in my experience whenever my phone has been on for over 150 hours(6

Upvote 0

I don't know what you are talking about. I am using a GS3 with the stock metro rom and this thing has no lag whatsoever. This is with 3 widgets running at all time. You either had a bad app or a defective unit.

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
Or maybe its maybelline lol sorry couldnt resist but seriously tho in my short android life (just had an optimus m and my esteem) Ive noticed with both phones after I do some wiping and flashing of different roms that the phones performance drops dramatically. Im talking Lag city. Sometimes I dial a number and it wont actually start calling out until a minute later,sometimes my keyboard is inactive or sometimes itll just plain lag to the point where its freezing. Is this normal or is it just me? Maybe its an app that I have. Now I admit I do have some paid apps youc an get on the market but I uhhh didnt get them off the market so maybe this is just karma. But just wanna see what youze have been experiencing. remember Ive had this issue with both phones. Gonna take that S3 leap of faith in a couple weeks though. Thanks in advance.

Dude the esteem is a one core phone with only half a gb of ram. It is really starting to show its age. I don't understand why metro does not lower the price.

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones