Maybe Reverb, or Triumph

1. TyCane

TyCane Member

So either phone is $199.99 on Virgins site, obviously the Reverb has better specs, but, would a root if ever achieved for the Reverb, be as easy as root method on the Triumph? I am not going to have access to a PC, so do I get the Triumph and overclock to run as high as the reverbs MHz, or get the Reverb and pray an easy root.apk comes out soon?

Advertisement
  2. MetalLink

MetalLink Well-Known Member

I'd stick to this Reverb only because when (not if) we get root, I think it's pretty likely we'll be able to overclock this way higher than the Triumph can go.
  3. TyCane

TyCane Member

I just hope the root method wont require a pc
  4. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

i can promise you root would/will require a computer
  5. TyCane

TyCane Member

Ya think? I know my Optimus V, Optimus Elite, and even the Triumphs didnt
  6. g60madman

g60madman Well-Known Member Developer

While the reverb may have better stats I know the Triumph community is strong with Developers. We are very close to a working camera for cm9, we already have a booting cm10 and our main developer on cm10 just got a Triumph donated to him as he has been borrowing his sisters. So those are some other things to think about :D all MTDEV ROMs can be found here http://MTDEV.us
    MetalLink and TheBritton like this.
  7. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

i know so
  8. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

the reverb is coming out of the box with ics. while the triumphs os is really outdated [froyo]. ive had the triumph when it came out. it was problematic then but a very good phone once running cyanogen. the reverb is the better choice with the newer hard and firm wares