maybe you can help

Last Updated:

1. MechArm1

MechArm1 Member This Topic's Starter

I used to use *82 in some of my contacts because i have a blocked number on my phone. and text messages wont send with that prefix in front of the number. No biggie I always had a second contact in my list for sending text messages. for instants the_boy and the_boy_text the second one had no *82 associated with it. texting was no problem.

Now after i had all my contacts put on my new captivate phone from the guy at the at&t store I realized NO MATTER what i do I can not get that *82 prefix off the phone for his number. Ive deleted the contact completely, re named it, deleted it from the sim card and added it to just the phone, deleted it from the phone and only had it on the sim card. as soon as i try to send text or reply to my son it automatically shows up in the top of the text screen with the damn *82. even though its totally been wiped clean out of the contacts list more than once. . .

One more Question if you're still reading this book. . . every time i open the little browser button near the bottom of the phone its stuck on whatever was the last page. how do i get it to open up to a home page when i click on the browser? . .

Thank you so much for any help. .

Advertisement
  2. CaCHooKa Man

CaCHooKa Man Well-Known Member

maybe try deleting any of the texts with the number that you may have saved in your messages list? i dunno, ive never heard of or experienced this problem. as for the browser thing, the only way to have it do that is to close all the open tabs before you exit the browser or close the browser with a task manager program.

3. sparker366

sparker366 Well-Known Member

Check your contact list on google and see if it shows up there. I have had issues where I made changes and they didn't update across the phone and google.

4. baddress

baddress Well-Known Member

There's been issues with contacts getting "stuck" in the phone history sometimes. You might have to wipe all your texts and call history off the phone. If that doesn't work some people had to do a factory reset.

5. MechArm1

MechArm1 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the replies . . . .although Ive cleared all the histories that i can find in the phone, no luck . . ...that silly phone number is just stuck in there no matter what i do. . . .oh well I've only had the phone since yesterday so I guess a factory reset might not hurt me to much. . .