• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root md5 Mismatch

MidshipAc

Jul 7, 2013
Georgia
i have a nandroid of my Stock Rom [Rooted w/ CWR] and a nandroid of the of the Droid_SmithRom which im currently using. I tried to restore the stock rom nandroid and it immediatly said md5 mismatch. seems like a pretty serious thing.Anyone know if this can be fixxed and how or am i gonna have to stick with DSRom forever?

i have a nandroid of my Stock Rom [Rooted w/ CWR] and a nandroid of the of the Droid_SmithRom which im currently using. I tried to restore the stock rom nandroid and it immediatly said md5 mismatch. seems like a pretty serious thing.Anyone know if this can be fixxed and how or am i gonna have to stick with DSRom forever?

Your not stuck. There should be an option to bypass the md5 in cwm. If not there is always the stock recovery that is posted on the forum.

Also did you wipe DS from the phone before attempting to restore. If DS isn't wiped your restore wont work

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
verified MD5 using the verify md5 option everything looks ok

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375151359435.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375151359435.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones