1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

md5 Mismatch

1. MidshipAc

MidshipAc Well-Known Member

i have a nandroid of my Stock Rom [Rooted w/ CWR] and a nandroid of the of the Droid_SmithRom which im currently using. I tried to restore the stock rom nandroid and it immediatly said md5 mismatch. seems like a pretty serious thing.Anyone know if this can be fixxed and how or am i gonna have to stick with DSRom forever?

Advertisement
  2. jimsmith80

jimsmith80 Well-Known Member

Your not stuck. There should be an option to bypass the md5 in cwm. If not there is always the stock recovery that is posted on the forum.

Also did you wipe DS from the phone before attempting to restore. If DS isn't wiped your restore wont work
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  3. MidshipAc

whats ds?
  4. jimsmith80

5. MidshipAc

wipe data dalvik and cahe before i restore a stock rom nandorid?
  6. jimsmith80

Correct wipe everything. It's a good habit to get into. If you don't then issues can arise from prior installations. Apps like titanium backup and nandroid manager can be used to restore most apps from a nandroid to a new install.
  7. MidshipAc

still cant restore stock nandroid. Does it have something to do with the fact that im using a custom rom?
  8. jimsmith80

No it shouldn't change a thing. The data on your sdcard may have been corrupted somehow. You should download the stock nandroid, and flash that.
  9. MidshipAc

gonna try something first lol
  10. MidshipAc

verified MD5 using the verify md5 option everything looks ok

Attached Files:

11. MidshipAc

just gonna go with the stock nandroid backup
    my phone doesnt hold my life so i wont be missing anything
  12. altaran

altaran Well-Known Member

By chance did u change the name of any filesorfolders?
  13. altaran

altaran Well-Known Member

Within the nandroid. I don't remember the details but I changed the name of the something like the folder itself....and it would through the md5s off....
  14. MidshipAc

i changed the name of the nandroid using nandroid manager that could be it, dont remember changing any files. i did download the launcher apk from then android.