MD5 Sums

1. Troisi859

Troisi859 Member

hello,
    i recently tried installing the miui rom onto my phone but i didnt like the style. however when i tried restoring to my old rom, and even the stock HTC sense rom, clockwork kept telling me that md5 sums mismatched. im not quite sure what this means and any help as to get my phone back to the original sense rom would be appreciated. currently my phone is stuck running on the miui OS and i cant find any way to change it(rom manager, nandroid, etc...)
    thanks.

Advertisement
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Did you change the name of the backup or upgrade clockwork? Try reverting to an earlier version or you will just have to load a new rom from scratch.
    Troisi859 likes this.
  3. Troisi859

Troisi859 Member

i changed the name of the backup and it still didnt work. and i did also upgrade clockwork mod prior to putting miui on...how could i revert to an earlier version of clockwork?
  4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

You shouldn't change the name of the backup, that's most likely why you are getting the mismatch. It has to match exactly the original name.

In the main screen of rom manager (at the bottom), you can flash older versions of clockwork, although some people are having a problem doing it. You will most likely just have to flash a new rom and restore with titanium. Some people are also reporting problems flashing some roms with the new version of clockwork.
    Troisi859 likes this.
  5. Troisi859

Troisi859 Member

but everytime i try and download a new rom to flash or copy an existing one onto the root of my sd card it just tells me that the system image does not meet the parameters and the download stops halfway and i get the error message.
  6. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

7. Troisi859

Troisi859 Member

is there another way of getting an older version of clockwork recovery other than rom manager? because i just get an error when trying to flash an older version.
  8. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

You can find the file online at koush's website or other places and flash in hboot.
    Troisi859 likes this.
  9. Troisi859

Troisi859 Member

Thanks so much man. i eventually figured it out and now im running sky raider. i really appreciate you helping me out. thanks again :)
  10. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

no problem, you aren't the only one having issues with the new clockwork. Some roms will flash with the new version, others won't.