• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Me" Contact Card - can't edit

Hey guys,
I had the same problem and i found a solution.
You have to go to Settings->Application->Managed Application->"All" tab->Contacts Storage
And then click Clear Data.
Be careful it deletes all your contacts so be sure to backup your contacts before. It fixes the problem.
After that you can sync you contact again from your backup.

Upvote 0
Hey guys,
You have to go to Settings->Application->Managed Application->"All" tab->Contacts Storage
Be careful it deletes all your contacts so be sure to backup your contacts before. It fixes the problem.

Just tried your solution and it worked for me! THANKS! :)
Made a backup of my gmail contacts on the web, but they were not changed. After deleting the Contacts Storage Data I had to reboot and wait for the contacts to sync again (via Accounts & Sync). Now I can click on my contact card and re-enter all my personal details.
Saved me from doing a hard reset! :D

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

THANK YOU - I was also having this problem, and this fixed it!

Upvote 0
Help!

I have followed the instructions but it still doesn't work. I have done it twice and still can't see where I'm going wrong. I have noticed that when I go onto People app then menu button and view, there is no Facebook link in that section and when I've deleted all contacts and supposedly sync-ed, the People app only shows My Contact Card but the app I have on my front menu called All People shows the people from my Facebook account!

I'm a noob with a Desire, and really want to sort My Contact Card out! It just keeps showing loading. I find it really annoying that there is no picture for me when I'm texting. Why couldn't they have just let you link it to a contact and then you could have created a contact for yourself, by yourself!

Please help cause I've spent ages going round in circles! lol :)

Upvote 0
Help!

I have followed the instructions but it still doesn't work. I have done it twice and still can't see where I'm going wrong. I have noticed that when I go onto People app then menu button and view, there is no Facebook link in that section and when I've deleted all contacts and supposedly sync-ed, the People app only shows My Contact Card but the app I have on my front menu called All People shows the people from my Facebook account!

I'm a noob with a Desire, and really want to sort My Contact Card out! It just keeps showing loading. I find it really annoying that there is no picture for me when I'm texting. Why couldn't they have just let you link it to a contact and then you could have created a contact for yourself, by yourself!

Please help cause I've spent ages going round in circles! lol :)

I have an update!

I need to explain first though. I have been trying a method to sort out the me contact and after getting nowhere, I decided to join the forum. Then I came back to the thread and wrote what I wrote. But earlier today I was just seeing if anyone had replied and scrolled up only to find a completely different way to sort the problem out and tried it straight away. It works! I have now sorted it out and am well pleased so to anyone looking for a solution, the simple method of deleting the contacts storeage works a treat.

I am just really pleased considering how old some of the posts are regarding this.

Cheers for the information, I hope to help someone else in return for the help I got.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones