Measurements of screen

Last Updated:

1. Gwynn

Gwynn Member This Topic's Starter

I've been searching for exact measurements of the Desire's screen, but haven't had any luck so far (including on the forums). I'm getting set in anticipation of purchasing the Desire in the next couple of weeks, so wanted to sort of a screen protector I could pick up at the same time or before hand.

However I can't find the actual height x width measurements of the Desire's screen anywhere (plenty of the entire phone itself, but that doesn't help when trying to match it up with a screen protector prior to purchase.

Anyone care to measure their screen (in MM/CM if possible) and let me know?

Cheers,

Gwynn

Advertisement
  2. Gwynn

Anyone? Launch date has been brought forward here, so securing a screen protector as soon as possible is a top priority.

3. gie62001

gie62001 Well-Known Member

3.7" that's the measurement according to specs :) but actually i don't understand why you need measurements unless you want to cut out screen protector yourself. if not then let manufacturers do it which are plenty of them by now who offer various kinds of screen protectors either on ebay or anywhere else.
    and can't understand about launch date being brought forward? where are you from? as people in UK been enjoying their Desires for good 2-3 weeks now.
    gives us more info so we can help

4. Gwynn

Australia - so not many Desire accessories readily available in shops. The release day has been brought forward, so this afternoon I'm heading off to pick up mine so I can set it up tonight!

And measurements are for cutting a protector to size, have all the tools I need to do it nicely, just not the measurement of the screen so I get a protector big enough, but with some right angle triangle calculators I think I may have just figured it out! Reminds me how much I hated math though!

5. tuatha

tuatha Well-Known Member

Including black borders the size of the glass section is:

Height 3.6" - 3.7" (slight curvature at the top)
    Width 2.25"

6. Gwynn

Ah the curvature at the top was something that I hadn't picked up on. Finally saw one in the flesh today though wasn't able to purchase, due to low stock they're only selling to people going on plan for a few days, so instead I've ordered online and it should arrive at roughly the same time as they start selling handsets on their own.