• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mecool HM8 issue

Hi all ,
I just took delivery of a Mecool HM8 which is good but it has a kodi updater app which is a good idea on the face off it, however every time I switch it back on it updates to kodi 17 but I want to stay on kodi 16. The app does not show in apps in the settings. could anyone advise me how to disable this for now?

Thanks in advance col

The app does not show in apps in the settings.

Which is the app that doesn't appear in settings? KODI or the Updater?

If the Updater is not on the list of installed apps on your Android TV box then it's a part of the KODI app.
Your pre-installed version of KODI has probably been modified to include the auto-update feature.

The only practical answer is to save all your settings using the 'BackUp' addon (if you want to keep them, that is) and uninstall KODI then download the Jarvis (16.1) .apk version and sideload it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones