• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Media Converter

So your wanting to upload 100 MB+ video's (or even 50 MB+) to some server over cellular, wait a few minuites, then download the file again with equal size over cellular onto your phone?! Thats going to take FOREVER

Or, you wanting to encode the video on your phone, melting your phone and killing the battery?

I see no market for this... People that know what encoding is would simply plug their phone into a computer and use their favorite encoding program

Upvote 0
So your wanting to upload 100 MB+ video's (or even 50 MB+) to some server over cellular, wait a few minuites, then download the file again with equal size over cellular onto your phone?! Thats going to take FOREVER

Or, you wanting to encode the video on your phone, melting your phone and killing the battery?

I see no market for this... People that know what encoding is would simply plug their phone into a computer and use their favorite encoding program

No

Upvote 0
There is a lot more to application development than "having a server", is what the user was trying to say. Serverside applications are a bad idea for large video files in general - takes lots of useless transfer. I'll look into what can be done on phones though..

Yes I know that there is more to it than "having a server"...I am a sysadmin with LAMP experience , so im familiar with what it takes to run an application (funny because its been my experience that programmers don't)

In any event I was just saying that I have access to many servers (farms) if need be...

All I lack is knowledge in programming language :\

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones