1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Media Device, but notSupport

1. Nodzarf

Nodzarf Well-Known Member

I would like to put some music on my S3 from my PC. When I connect the phone to the pc, it says "Connected as a media device" but only the camera window will pop up, even though Media device is checked. No files or anything else to work with. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. daddycracker

daddycracker Member

same issue. if you get an answer PM me please. Thanks!
  3. Nodzarf

uh oh.. either we doing something wrong or lemons for a phone. Hope its us.
  4. darkfiregt

darkfiregt Active Member

Haven't been able to bring mine home yet, but pull down the notification menu while connect and see if there's anything about the connection. Usually there is and you can click on it and change the connection to USB storage or mass storage device.
  5. Nodzarf

Pull down from notification bar gives 2 options. Media device, which is checked and Camera, which is unchecked but shows up on "My Computer".
  6. dracozny

dracozny Well-Known Member

in another thread there was mention of some sort of software that needed to be installed on your computer because the mass storage protocol is not used in ICS
  7. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

You must have the Samsung device drivers installed. If you installed Kies, they are automatically installed (even if you don't use Kies). If you just want the drivers, they are available on the Samsung website.
  8. Nodzarf

I finally downloaded kies. Took awhile. That was the problem. I've only had HTC phones and didn't need software
  9. Max Johnson

Max Johnson Well-Known Member

Wow is it just me or does Kies take its time downloading? I guess the Sammy site is being bombarded today.