• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Media / FM Radio

nwestern

Lurker
Sep 1, 2010
Quick question.

It seems whenever I use the radio, or the media player, I'm unable to change the volume of the ringer, even after I exit out of the radio, or media player. When I change the volume button up or down in order to increase the volume of the phone, all it does is change the volume of the media player, even though there isn't any media playing.

The only way to reset this is to actually turn the phone off and then back on, and then it defaults back to have the volume control on the side of the phone change the ringer volume.

Seems odd?

Quick question.

It seems whenever I use the radio, or the media player, I'm unable to change the volume of the ringer, even after I exit out of the radio, or media player. When I change the volume button up or down in order to increase the volume of the phone, all it does is change the volume of the media player, even though there isn't any media playing.

The only way to reset this is to actually turn the phone off and then back on, and then it defaults back to have the volume control on the side of the phone change the ringer volume.

Seems odd?

You may find that the radio or media player isn't closing down completely, therefore your volume control is still linked to that app.
Go to settings/applications/manage applications & look for the app, select it & you should see the force close button a light.
Just press that button & it will release the volume button for phone use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones