Media FormatsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mindwalker

mindwalker Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Seriously considering one of these babies...
    Looking at the specs page on HTC's website it's a bit vague of what is supported or can be done with the phone. Audio-wise it's pretty straightforward however I miss flac. Is there any way to add flac support ?

Regarding video support there's no mention at codecs supported. Sure it says it supports mp4, but does it support mp4 with h.264 video codec ? Well I assume so since it must also be able to decode youtube videos but better be safe than sorry. Also what are the picture size support ? Will I need to transcode videos or will they play just fine in their standard desktop version ?

Also is there a way to get DivX or Xvid support ?

And subtitles ? :)

2. DeGozaru

DeGozaru Member

According to HTC Incredible S - Full phone specifications this link these are the audio/video formats it supports:

- MP3/AAC+/WAV/WMA player
    - DivX/XviD/MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player

I myself have an Incredible S and have had no problem playing a varying amount of audio formats, but have not yet tested video.

Hope this helps.
  3. mindwalker

mindwalker Well-Known Member

Well it's not a show stopper for me anyway but I find odd that the HTC official website gives out some formats but ommits divx and xvid, whereas gsmarena doesn't. Normally when a company has a product that can do something, they scream it out loud.. if they don't it's probably cause it won't do it :)

But like I said it's not a show stopper for me anyway, thanks for the hint!
  4. travisbest

travisbest Active Member

Just testing my incredible s for few hours, it plays .avi files and the picture quality is impressive (on automatic brightness). Not sure about other formats so far, but at least we have a starting point... :)
  5. According to the official website specification, it support 3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9), and the details should be the video format which posted by DeGozaru