"Media Gallery not installed"General

Last Updated:

1. mishmosh2000

mishmosh2000 Well-Known Member

I get this message when in camera mode and hitting the previous picture to view it. I uninstalled some bloat including the stock ICS gallery.

Does anyone know what I need to view the previous picture? I reinstalled ICS Gallery apk. I would prefer to use Quickpic but don't know if you can alter the picture review to it. Help!

Advertisement
  2. Robertiv

Robertiv Member

I am in exactly the same boat. In GB, it seemed that after choosing Quickpic as the default, the system would recognize and use that. That does not appear to be the case in ICS. With the stock gallery app disabled, there is an error when trying to view using the camera app. This is STUPID! Does anyone know a work-around?
  3. Blue218

Blue218 Well-Known Member

Me 3.....the stock moto gallery is crummy.....I disabled it and I installed 3D Gallery. I want to make it my default....I can get to picasa pics using it.
  4. rklaphake

rklaphake New Member

So what should one do?
  5. razrclive

razrclive Well-Known Member

Just remove the shortcut icon for the gallery from screen and replace it with the Quickpic one.
    carracerz14 likes this.
  6. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

That doesn't work if you are viewing the picture from the preview screen in the camera. I haven't been able to find a work around. In GB it would load quickpic, but in ics jt loads the stock gallery no matter what you set the default as
  7. horn34

horn34 Active Member

Anyone find a fix for this? I'm in the same boat.