Media hub and video out.

Last Updated:

1. dissident75

dissident75 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a quick question. The shows and movies available on mediahub, can they be output via a video cable to the tv? I'm curious since the Avatar movie was drm protected I'm making the assumption that the videos on the mediahub are also. Since avatar's drm kept it from being displayed via the cable I'm guessing any drm content won't play with the cable.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried it. I basically don't want to waste money trying something that won't work. Sure it looks great on the phone, but I don't want to limit my viewing experience to a 4 inch screen when I have a 46inch screen instead.

So has anyone tried it and does it work?

Advertisement
  2. XXSuntoucherxX

XXSuntoucherxX Well-Known Member

Yeah, I should have bought this up a while ago as one of the quirks of this phone. I've tried it since I'm not buying that DVD and no, it will not work through connected cable. Just for my own neurosis I tried it on both the stock video player and Act 1 and it doesn't work on either. Also, if it matters I've tried it on generic cables from Radioshack and those super cool Apple AV cables for iPods. Nope. Sorry to disappoint.

dissident75 likes this.
  3. perpetual

perpetual Well-Known Member

Perhaps it might work through the hdmi cable, since this was one of the reasons hdmi was created for.

4. dissident75

dissident75 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, I didn't think it would but figured it was worth asking if someone else had tried. At least it does play my regular files through the cable fine.

Damn you DRM!

5. PlowRox

PlowRox Banned

If you were to look on this board for video / cables , You will find that the T-Mobile version of Galaxy-S has had the hdmi out disabled, the video out on both the 3.5mm and the micro usb are both just video out!

Tho there is some question if it even works on the micro usb port at all...The specs speak only of the 3.5mm jack working as video out.

Not the same as on the I9000 or the "real" galaxy s which has the fully working bells and whistles.

Some links to read

http://androidforums.com/samsung-vibrant/132899-perfect-cheap-cable-tv-out.html

http://androidforums.com/samsung-vibrant/149379-tv-out.html

Hope it helped you.

Enjoy :)