Media Hub, movie to PCSupport

1. stockwell

stockwell New Member

Does anyone know of a way to put your downloaded movies from Media Hub on to your home PC?
    I am using a Samsung Charge.

Advertisement
  2. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie VIP Member

We don't use media hub on our Epic, but I'm sure that everything on there is DRM'd and designed to play on that specific device. Any talk of breaking DRM is not allowed on this site! I'm moving this to the Charge section.
  3. nlsme

nlsme Well-Known Member

Talk of breaking DRM is not allowed on the sight, yet hotspot tether isnt an issue?
    moondrius likes this.
  4. pastafarian

Well, we can beat around the bush.... What it comes down to is this isn't a hacker site, it's a legitimate business. The staff here are users of the site and give their time voluntarily to help maintain it. We're not reading every post, nor do we desire to over police the site but if I do read a post about someone asking for something that might be considered illegal, along with trying to help as best I can, I would be remiss in my duties if I didn't at least comment on the legal complications.
  5. kxs783kms

kxs783kms Well-Known Member

My thing is, if I buy the movie, is it only limited to my phone? I don't want to buy movies, decide to switch to another device that's not a Samsung and lose those movies that I purchased. So I'm wondering like the OP, is there a legit Samsung website where I can retrieve my purchased movies? If not, who would buy movies that are only locked to phones? Again, I'm not talking about doing anything illegal here. I just never used the Samsung Media Hub before. Thanks.
    pastafarian likes this.
  6. moondrius

moondrius Well-Known Member

Yeah if I am going to play bluray or higher prices for movies they should at least be able to be used on other devices.
  7. pastafarian

This speaks to the root issue of DRM and the fact (IMHO) that with it, you don't buy anything, just rent to use. The media industry seems to revel in punishing it's paying customers and treating them like thieves. Personally, I've made my stand to not buy any media with DRM. Fortunately, at least with music and books there are options. With movies, not as much as of yet.

I've done some research, and it appears that anything bought via the media hub is locked down to the device of purchase. I hope I'm wrong and someone else can find a better answer for the op, because I find this sad!
  8. jmquinn72quinn

jmquinn72quinn New Member

I had the same question, and it isn't about breaking DRM. The Samsung Media Hub web site says, " Media Hub is a real cloud service, you can have the purchases you have made on up to to five devices at a time;" Media Hub: A Universe of Entertainment at Your Fingertips | Samsung Articles & Insights

After reviewing it I think they mean a Samsung tablet or phone when they say device.

I don't think the original post was so much about defeating DRM. The Samsung site wasn't very clear, IMO. Often times there is a way to do something that IS STILL LEGAL, but the manufacturer doesn't make it widely know.

Thank you.
  9. beheaded

beheaded New Member

Open think free office, press that left of the four buttons on the borrom of the charge (left of home) click enable or w/e to hidden files, now it should show some media hub file, inside are your movie folders and inside those are your movies in some strange format, but from there you can upload, view, move the file and do whatever, as far as converting file format, dunno, none of this is against any sort of rules... they give us tools to do shit with our own files, but sure enough when they try keeping.ir hidden im there to find them!