Media Monkey Problems

Last Updated:

1. merciersj

merciersj New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

So I have an HTC Hero and I downloaded Media Monkey yesterday. I mounted my device and went in and tagged from web and embedded album art in all my songs. Then i disconnected the phone only to find that not more than a handful of songs actually showed their artwork.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? I'd really like to see the images for my albums and I don't want to pay money for the Album Art Grabber when I feel that this should be something I can do easily for free.

Advertisement
  2. flammenwurfer

flammenwurfer Well-Known Member

Are you sure you synced your library after you embedded all the artwork? I've never used Media Monkey so I can't really help you there. However, there are a number of Android media players that will pull in album art automatically straight to the phone. I use Tunewiki and it does this. There are others with this feature as well.

3. anurbanlegend

anurbanlegend Member

Sorry I'm not home right now and can't check for sure but if you go to configure your device, there is an option to embed the album art into the mp3 tag. Give that a shot.

4. negreenfield

negreenfield Well-Known Member

I've been through this myself with Media Monkey and what I've found that really helps is to embed the album art as stated but you need to double check things. What I do is select all songs from an album, right-click -> properties -> Album Art Properties, then make sure you have one for the cover and make sure it is applied to all songs.

Also go to the "Files to Edit" portion of Media Monkey and make sure there are no songs with missing or Inconsistent Album Art.

Sometimes I'll need to completely remove all album art from the first step I posted, download something from Amazon, re-add it while selecting "Apply to all Selected Tracks" to get it to work properly. One thing I still don't quite understand is why whenever you do this it always shows 2 covers.

Anyway, give that a shot. I always export my album art as folder.jpg while syncing as well since MixZing can use that if all else fails. The Stock Player I'm not sure if it only uses embedded art or can use folder.jpg as well.