media not updating...

Last Updated:

1. syrguy1969

syrguy1969 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am encountering an odd occurrence here. Since I got the Incredible, any imaging file (still or video) have updated in the Photo widget automatically. A week or so ago I tried deleting the current stock of video files and add new ones, and about half only transferred the sound and no imaging, and the old files still had a place-holder (black 'picture') in the photo widget, but the file said it couldn't play (makes sense since I deleted it). So....last night I tried deleting the entire folder of video files and copy over a new folder. Same thing...only half copied with imaging (all with sound) but now the photo widget won't update and find them no matter what I try. I can find them and play the playable ones with Astro.

Any info/suggestions would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Drazil

Drazil Well-Known Member

This happens to me a lot with the gallery. After I've downloaded images from dolphin, only a handful of them show up in the gallery. If I delete images, some of them still show up in the gallery. The only workaround I've found is a free app called ReloadSD which basically remounts the SD card forcing a media refresh. After I've reloaded via the widget, then everything is showing up properly.

3. syrguy1969

syrguy1969 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'll give it a shot, I wonder if it will work for the Inc's internal storage as well? No comments in the market for the Inc, so I guess I will just have to try!

Thanks

4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

SDRescan does refresh the media, too.

Harry