media player goes crazy wheni plug in your audo jackSupport

Last Updated:

1. glow worm

glow worm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

when i plug in my audio jack into my desire to listen to music with my speakers, sometimes the media player goes crazy.

it skip songs, fast forward, it makes random calls. and all sorts of crazy things.

i googled around, looks like quite a number of htc users face this problem too.

what are your advice on this?

Advertisement
  2. neatnik66

neatnik66 Member

Hi... I'm finding the same thing. I was just playing with the calendar feature, when the music player started playing short fragments of songs. It happened yesterday as well, when (I think) I was oragnising website bookmarks.

If someone knows anything about this, please let us know!

Cheers, Craig.

3. neatnik66

neatnik66 Member

Actually, after a bit more searching, I found a response that might explain it.
    I didn't know how to cite the post, si I've just pasted it in here:

"I had a hunch I knew what this is and a possible workaround.

If it was the headphone jack and ppl reporting all sorts of varying quality standard phones and jacks failing, it has to be the HTC control system, the physical switches which are the big difference.

The HTC headset 3.5mm jack has four connections (separated by the black bands) from the tip to the hilt. Standard jacks of course only need three. left, right and common. HTC's extra connection is the one right up by the hilt.

I selotaped to insulate this connector to try to eliminate it. So far 100% success. I've tried it on a few connectors now. Selotape is likely to wear over time so it could fail due to frequent use.

Technique:
    You only want a layer two of tape. Wrap the whole plug in a layer or two , then using scissors, score a cut about 2-3mm from the hilt and scrape away the tape, leaving the 2-3mm on the plug.

i judged the 2-3mm by eye, looking at the plug that came on the HTC headset.

So it could be I'm right, or the tape is just seating the plug better. Either way it works for me.

G'luck.

exH"

4. silverghost007

silverghost007 New Member

Hi neatnik,
    Could you please explain in detail what you did to get rid of the problem. I am having the same problem and its driving me crazy!!!!
    Any help is greatly appreciated...

5. neatnik66

neatnik66 Member

Actually, there's not much detail. I simply started using my mp3 player headphones, and have never had any more problems. That might not suit, if you like to skip through tracks using the controller on the headphone cord... but I haven't missed it at all.
    Cheers

6. neatnik66

neatnik66 Member

Actually, there's not much detail. I simply started using my mp3 player headphones, and have never had any more problems. That might not suit, if you like to skip through tracks using the controller on the headphone cord... but I haven't missed it at all.
    Cheers