Media Player Lagging / Force Close?Support

Last Updated:

1. nycshowtime

nycshowtime New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I'll start by saying I have been reading these forums for quite awhile. The information on here was what swayed me toward purchasing my DX, and I thank you for that as the phone has been great.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced pretty severe lagging with the stock media player as it has been happening to me quite often lately.

I will be listening to an album and not using the phone otherwise, then I will try to switch to another application and everything will freeze. The music will stop, occasionally a black screen appears and no buttons work.

The result is usually a battery pull.... This has happened to me twice already today, so I wanted to see if others have experienced the same thing with the media player, and if it is the media player that's the culprit, perhaps recommend an alternative.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. crboone

crboone Well-Known Member

My personal advice: PowerAMP

3. FireChief

FireChief Well-Known Member

Yep, this just started happening to me in the last week or so. Same as you describe.

Once it happens, I have to do a battery pull.

Looks like a better player is needed?

I have no clue what the problem is... Guessing some incompatibility issue with another program/app.

Anyone?

4. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

Agreed. never use the stock media app. There is a known flaw with it. Download another music app from the Market. I use and love PlayerPro, but WinAMP and Doubletwist are good also...not to mention crboone's suggestion of PowerAMO above.

5. bbuck002

bbuck002 Well-Known Member

i'm thrilled that winamp is out for android...i remember when it came out in the 90s, i can't wait for the full version, the beta uses quite a bit of battery but it's still worlds better than the stock player...
    i've heard great things about poweramp too, just haven't used it yet

6. SwallowTheTime

SwallowTheTime Active Member

This is my biggest gripe with the phone. Your best option is to download a new music player from the market. I use PowerAmp, but I have used MixZing as well. I think I like PowerAmp a little better. I've tried everything to fix the stock one, including 2 factory resets. Doesn't work. I find that as soon as the stock player is opened and does that freezing thing, it tends to cause other issues with the phone as well and make it laggy all around. If you start having other issues, your better off doing a factory reset and never opening the music player again.

7. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

8. deme

deme Active Member

I have the same problem, do you think i can freeze the application with TI Back up with no ill effects?