Media Player that support anthromorphic views

Last Updated:

1. DroidMassive

DroidMassive Member This Topic's Starter

When playing mp4 or M4v files my N1 wont give me an Animorphic image - ie it scales wide screen in a non 16:9 ratio - anyone know of a media player in the app store that does this?

Additionally - i have some vid's that have a directors audio track - anyone advise how to switch audio tracks...

Advertisement
  2. nervekeg

nervekeg Guest

I too am having issues with anamorphic video.

The phone seems to only display the video using the aspect ratio of the stored dimensions, not the display dimensions.

Anything else I've used, be it iPods or generic media players, all play the videos in the correct aspect ratio and let me choose the various audio tracks.

3. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Perhaps it's because the N1 screen isn't in true 16:9 format. At 800 x 480, it is considered WVGA, but it's not 16:9; it's more squarish. Probably why it won't change the video to one that uses 16:9. Just a guess. But just for clarification: What was your stored dimensions?

4. nervekeg

nervekeg Guest

Thanks for the input, but this has nothin to do with the phone's screen shape.

Even an anamorphic file with storage dimensions of 640x480 and display dimensions of 800x480 still displays at 640x480.

5. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read your response again carefully; I posted a long-winded solution, but it doesn't explain your situation... that's weird. What are you using to convert your videos? Handbrake?

6. nervekeg

nervekeg Guest

No worries - I actually got emailed your pre-edit reply anyway ;)

Yes, it's handbrake I use for converting.

There's no way I'll re-convert all the movies, just for the one device. And I think it'll be hopefully rectified soon enough.

I'll dig out the bug report form and send it in.

And with regards again to the shape of the screen - the device should still display the videos at the correct shape, regardless of whether the screen is 16:9, 4:3, 21:9, etc etc.