Media players and eq's

Last Updated:

1. crewchief227

crewchief227 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey again guys sorry to be such a newb pest but I am just so excited over this phone. Are there any stand alone eq apps or good media players with an eq for the Android as I could not find any in the app store? I also simply typed in eq into the search here and it came back with nothing.

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

3. malibu23

malibu23 Well-Known Member

yes but u need root...

taken from here: [HOW TO] Add DSP Manager-Equalizer to EVO - xda-developers

A stand alone equalizer that can be used on an EVO. It works by default for all sound and can be disabled, if desired. This version allows independent equalizer for the EVO headphone and speaker. Some ROMs include DSP Manager

Attached Files:

4. crewchief227

Thanks I will give it a try. Also while I'm at it I am not getting any good responses over at Head-Fi but my Aria came with a nice pair of headphones with controls and everything. Why HTC did not include these with the evo I have no idea as the aria is not there top end phone but the evo is. I did found the exact pair I think on HTC's site for like $20 or something. Now they were nice and sleek and went with the phone as far as looks go but they were good because they were free. So anyways I am looking for a pair of headphones for my evo with a mic. Controls would be nice but by no means deal breaker as I have a pair from Walmart that are like $20 but calls sound horrid thru them and they are bright white which is an Apple fanboy thing and I am not one obviously. So I am looking for something decent and prefer to stay under $50. I do own a pair of $500 Shure SE530's and don't use those as I don't want to beat on them with daily use and they have no Mic. So let's hear what everybody else is using right now.

5. crewchief227

I will have to do some reading but I have no idea what this whole rooting thing is that everybody is talking about.

6. malibu23

malibu23 Well-Known Member

7. N1nja

N1nja Well-Known Member

I have a pair of Skullcandy Asyms, by far the best sound quality of any earbud and of some over ear that I've used, and very nice bass for an in ear. Have a mic, separate volume, and a little button that I know pauses music but no one ever calls me so not sure if it answers calls.

8. LcsEvo

LcsEvo Well-Known Member

It does answer calls but does not hang up on them. Used to but stop once we got froyo. Now it mutes the call. AWESOME HEADPHONES. SKULLCANDY FTW (FOR THE WIN).

9. jeezuz

jeezuz Active Member

+ 1 for the DSP manager equalizer, totally worth the effort of rooting the phone.

I have an incredible and it took me a total of 20 minutes to root, probably just as easy on the evo. Look around in the root forums, i'm sure a nice and simple step by step guide is up.