1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Media Players - Whats out there?

1. Buruan

Buruan New Member

Hello,

I have been trying to find a solution for a simple problem, and it so far has proven impossible for me to get it resolved.

I am looking for a simple way to :
    1. Synchronize Media between PC and my Android Device (i have a few but most prominently the Galaxy S3)
    2. Keep Music ratings in sync while doing so

While I was using Itunes, i used a combination of ISyncr, Rocketplayer on the android and Itunes on my PC. It was working fine, not perfectly but it worked.
    I got rid of Itunes and could not find a solution for the problem since.....

As a Desktop Player I tried Media Monkey, which synchs at a glacial pace to my android (over 40 minutes at times, even when no tunes are updated), and I tried WinAmp, which does not find my SD card on the S3 so cant be used for synching as of now.

On the S3 i tried a few solutions :
    - WinAmp - Doesnt have ratings implemented on their Android App
    - PowerAmp - Has Ratings, but only in a proprietary database, not stored in MP3 tags.
    - PlayerPro - Works with manually synching the ratings after synching the library, but seems to be abandoned by the developer
    - Google Play Music - Only has a Thumbs up and down rating system, i would like to use the more common 5 star version

The Media Monkey developers are saying there will be a MM Android app, but that keeps getting delayed and delayed.

Does anyone have a solution?
    I really dont want to go back to Itunes......

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kai

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Welcome to AF! :)

Doubletwist is billed as "iTunes for Android" by the devs and it has a desktop and phone/tab client, it might be worth giving that a go?
  3. Buruan

Buruan New Member

Hey.
    Thanks for the reply.

Doubletwist is esentially iTunes, it even installs the Apple Bonjour service.
    It does work, but doesnt give me the flexibility i would like.

Its amazing that there is no simple one stop show solution for Android....
  4. cheex

cheex New Member

just wondering but why do ratings matter so much to you? syncing files should not be hard but to sync the meta data like file ratings is an interesting thought.
  5. Buruan

Buruan New Member

hey, i have been using the 5 star music ratings for a long time and have 1000's of songs rated.
    I have built many playlist around these ratings, and would like to keep the work put into these.

If it wasnt for this i could use the Media Monkey desktop app to synch, and simply use the Google Play player, or even the stock player, which isnt all that awful.

But I have a working app in PlayerPro, it just is abandoned by the dev, so i know it can be done......