• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Media playing through bluetooth in car

cah1973

Lurker
Sep 30, 2010
OK, so I am really lost and confused. I am still trying to get used to the Droid A855. I have a 2009 Ford Focus and finally set up the sync between my Droid and the car. This morning I went into my music folder and was turning the volume up on the phone and it said media playing through bluetooth. But I could not hear the music at all. What is the magic trick to listen to your music on the Droid through bluetooth? I love my Droid but my goodness at all of the confusion...
Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!!:p

On my car (a Hyundai, not a Ford, but the principles are probably the same) I have to set the radio to a specific mode (MP3 Play) before it will play BT audio stream from my phone. First turn the music on your phone all the way up (louder from the phone = louder in the car), then just keep pressing the Mode button on your car radio and let it scroll through the different modes. Hopefully you'll hit the right one.
The fact that your phone is silent makes me believe that it is sending, so now it's a matter of making sure that your car is receiving.
Also, on my car there is an indicator that BT is connected, if your car has one make sure it's on.

Reactions: cah1973
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones