Media scan on SD CardSupport

1. Homeuser66

Homeuser66 Well-Known Member

I have a question: What causes the media scan to run? Mine keeps running for no apparent reason. I have taken off everything on my SD card and re-formatted it, then put back on only my doc's and pic's and didn't put my Apps back on there (I thought this was causing it) but it's not that. maybe a corrupt picture? I was just wondering what would cause this....

My Phone is not rooted...

Advertisement
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hi Homeuser. I've seen multiple reports of this issue on different devices. I've yet to see a definitive answer other than a possible bug in ICS. Try creating a .nomedia file and put it in the root of your sd card. Just make a blank file in wordpad or something, name it .nomedia and save it with no extension.

Or try something like Rescan Media app and see if that help.
  3. Homeuser66

Thanks! I'll give it a shot...
  4. Illogicalpedia

Illogicalpedia Active Member

I upgraded to Android 4.0.4 and I never met the media scanner ever again.
  5. Homeuser66

Thanks...I had ICS and went backwards to Gingerbread because of other issues..I was troubleshooting another issue that wound out being on TM's side....I also just did a complete wipe of my phone (Factory Reset) and now I don't have that issue anymore. I think I had too many apps or something corrupt on the phone as I didn't do anything to the SD card.