Media sound is not working on my Samsung Galaxy i7500.. any help please?Support

1. jayanth_matrix

jayanth_matrix New Member

My Phone was working fine. But since 5 days, sound is not working. Sound works only if I connect my headphones. Once I remove them, its gone. No audio applications are working. No Music, no video, no system sounds.. not even the call. To attend or make a call, i should use my headphones.. It has almost become like a Land-line phone.. :( . I think there is problem with the audio port. Has anyone faced the same issue before and fixed it without having to take it to Samsung service center? Because, I have flashed GAOSP 2.1 on my galaxy and I have to restore 1.5 again to take it to the Service center (Actually I don't have faith on Samsung guys for their recent lack of support).

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

I remember this issue being discussed here. I also remember someone saying that plugging the headphones in and out vigorously had fixed the problem, although I'm not sure it worked for everybody. If that doesn't work, maybe a blast from a can of compressed air will.

Good luck. (I'll add this to the FAQ :D)
  3. jayanth_matrix

jayanth_matrix New Member

Hey DaSchmarotzer, Thaaanx a ton buddy!! This worked :cool: .. I did what u said and audio is working fine now! Never thought it wud b so simple. I was lil scared while doing it, coz it may loosen the headphone jack and headphones may not fit firmly in it in future. But its all good now. Thanks again :D
    Phewww!! :)
  4. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

No problem, glad I could help!

That's kind of my purpose here ;)
  5. sgx100

sgx100 Well-Known Member

Reason many a times defies logic WTF !!!
    Ha Ha Ha !!!
    Good that it worked for you

BTW - That was a trick move DaSchmarotzer
  6. Lelouch

Lelouch Well-Known Member

So in the end, it all comes to using your power of muscle rather then the intellectual power.
  7. joaocruz

joaocruz New Member

Thank you guys, for the proposed solution and for the proof-of-concept... must admit that at first i was a little suspicious.. it seems already too fragile without someone forcing his entries... but it worked!

who would guess that hard stimulation would fix the bad mood problem...

Kudos!

Jo
  8. tranquan83

tranquan83 New Member

hi, i've got the same problem with my I7500 too. I have pluged the headphones in and out manytimes but it doesn't work. And i don't really understand the meaning of " a blast from a can of compressed air". how to do that? thanks.
  9. weasel

weasel Well-Known Member

Put straw in hole. Give it a shot of air. I guess there is a microswitch in there and the air gives it a rattlle and would return its position to normal.
  10. tranquan83

tranquan83 New Member

it worked, thanks :)
  11. Pauladams

Pauladams New Member

Hi folks,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Pro GT B7510 (purchased a month ago). Today I used the ear phones to listen to the radio in speaker mode. It worked fine and was working normally even when I removed the ear phones. Now the sound is suddenly gone. Ring tones/alerts everything is gone; it comes back whenever I fix the earphones but goes numb as soon i remove the earphones.

I tried looking through the forums- tried the magic trick of removing and putting the ear phone vigorously; :( didnt work here. Tried using the code *#*#0637#*#* and then enabled the speaker, receiver and again the speaker. But even this does not seem to do the trick.

Any other alternatives that you Android experts can suggest here?

Cheers,
    Paul
  12. Lelouch

Did you try using(blowing compressed air? Be careful using it, btw. [​IMG]
  13. KrystenMarie

KrystenMarie New Member

I'm having this problem with my Galaxy S. I tried the headphones thing and it didn't work. I'll have to try air. But if that doesn't work is there anything else that could be a possible solution?
  14. Roguefirm

Roguefirm Member

I am having the same problem with my sounds having gone away and have tried the tricks suggested on this forum to no avail.

Are there any other ideas or hardware fixes that may make this phone functional again?

Lynn
    Grants Pass Oregon
  15. hasendead

hasendead New Member

i try this at first it work..but then tommorow it back again.. :( and theres always notification pop up sounds help me..
  16. Lelouch

What model of smart-phone you are using??
  17. n07900

n07900 New Member

i was just having probs with audio on my android phone, i read this post and thought what the hell, so i blew very hard into the phone jack and the problem was solved..lol..try it and see;)
  18. angelusama

angelusama New Member

m having the same prob wd my galaxy no sound at all. when i plug the hands free evey thng is ok but when i removes it the sound stops working tel me the soulution i have already did the factory reset but nothing happen
  19. instanceof

instanceof New Member

Same problem here, I tried blowing the headset passage many times,
    it seems my phone is able to detect whether the earphones are removed because the volume changes when I do so.
    This needs to be solved immediately, I am not able to hear a single sound when I receive a message, I can't use my alarms, I can't play music in my loudspeaker. etc.
    Please post more solutions. Thank you all!