Media using 23% battery for no reason?Support

Last Updated:

1. dallows

dallows Member This Topic's Starter

So this is just a recent occurance. I noticed that in the mornings after I have my phone charging all night the "Media" (how it's listed in battery use) has already taken up 23% of the battery power/life/usage whatever.

It only shows running for a few minutes and actually as I type this it's going up - even though no media app is running that I can see.

I started noticing my battery dying quicker than usual even though my usage patterns haven't changed.

Any ideas as to what is going? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. dallows

It's still doing it. I took the phone out of my pocket and it was hot, cpu temp at 116F Under Media it has listed:

Download Manager
    DRM Protected Content Storage
    Camera
    Media Storage

I checked my services once before and saw the DownloadService was running. So I killed it and seemed to help.

Anyone have a clue as to what's happening? Thanks.

3. muab

muab Well-Known Member

I can't say that I do. I can only ask a couple of questions.

When did you get your last OTA update?

Have you tried a battery pull? How about a factory reset?

I had some annoying battery drain issues and wifi issues as soon as I got the FRG01B update, and a little of the battery issues tapered off after a couple of reboots.

The wifi problem I only managed to solve by rooting my phone.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I will chime in here...

cheers

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

FroYo has JIT enabled, as well as having a stock overclocked kernel to around 800 MHz - if your phone ran warm before it is going to run warmer now.

If your usage patterns are identical to before then you can expect your battery to be used faster - but it shouldn't be very much faster.

Muab is correct - perform a factory data reset and see how that goes for you.

5. dallows

Thanks for the responses but I left out some details, so I apologize for that.

I'm currently running Bugless Beast v1.1 which is Android 2.1. I have been running this config for months flawlessly. It's only recently this changed. I uninstalled any recent apps I downloaded that pertained to media but no luck.