• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Media Volume problem

Yes, this is a known issue.

Next time it happens, please try homescreen, Menu, Settings, Applications, manage apps. Find Spiderman and Force close it. Report back if this helps.

Worked great thanks! :)

Sorry for posting in the wrong place but i actually did read the first part of this thread before posting and the theme here seems to be about the volume automatically being turned down as opposed to the problem with media/ringer volume that i was having. Same fix for both however.

Thanks again

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I am having an issue with the side button volume controls. I realize that they change from media volume to call volume depending on the circumstances, but i am only able to change the media volume even when i have no appps open or no hedphones plugged in. I notice that whn i hold down the up volume button the call volume window wiill apear for a split second and then go right back to media volume. So i have no way to change the call volume without manually going into setttinvs. Is this a known issue or what is causing it?

Worked great thanks! :)

Sorry for posting in the wrong place but i actually did read the first part of this thread before posting and the theme here seems to be about the volume automatically being turned down as opposed to the problem with media/ringer volume that i was having. Same fix for both however.

Thanks again

Glad this fixed things for you. When you posted, my Spidey Sense was telling me this was probably the issue you were having. :D

Glad you just needed to clear the Spider Webs and that you didn't have an 'R2 unit that has a bad motivator' :D

For some reason this game likes to start a hostile take over of the system volume which is showing a few different symptoms so far. Since we have an easily reproducible software arachnid bug maybe the topic title needs an addendum for future crime fighters posters? :D

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
i got my Evo 3D yesterday but suffered this sound problem today, no sound on any app but when I tried headphones they worked, when I unplugged them the speaker was fine. I have reported this to HTC

i have also had problem when trying to change the ringtone volume, the phone tells me I am ajusting the media volume, but no media is running.

Hopefully HTC will sort these bugs out wth ICS

Upvote 0
Ok, i am that guy that reads countless forums and reviews but never leaves one. i kno i kno, I'm workin on it so i decided to lend a hand here. i got my evo yesterday and everything was fine until i played that cool spiderman 3d. once i played it i could no longer raise the volume of media without have headphones in. i simply reopened the spider man and exited the app properly ( hit the red x in the corner). if you just hit the home key the app wil remain running for forwhatever reason suck your sound!

Upvote 0
It seems like every time I charge my phone the media volume goes all the way down and you can't turn it back up using the physical button during music or from the media volume in the settings. Only way to fix it is to restart the device. I've done a factory restore and battery pull and the problem still exists. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
It seems like every time I charge my phone the media volume goes all the way down and you can't turn it back up using the physical button during music or from the media volume in the settings. Only way to fix it is to restart the device. I've done a factory restore and battery pull and the problem still exists. Any ideas?

Are you using the original wall charger that came with the phone or an official HTC cord and adapter?

Any difference if you charge via a computer's USB port rather than a wall outlet?

If I had to guess I would say there is an application conflicting. Any chance you are using the program off the Android Market called Zedge? Possibly some other application that has the privileges to change the volume profile.
Do you play Scramble With Friends?

If it cannot be traced back to an application, then possibly there is some physical problem with the device? I'd carefully try doing your normal charging routine except with the battery door removed - making sure the battery doesn't fall out.

Or maybe the volume down key has an electrical short that presents itself once you plug the phone in and give it a charge. :thinking:

Upvote 0
The same thing happens to me when I play Scramble With Friends. It mutes my Media Volume for some reason. I just go to Task Manager and "Kill All" until all programs have been shut down and then the volume goes back to normal.

That is where I got the idea from. Your other thread about your ringer and volume problems may be related here. ;)

Upvote 0
Are you using the original wall charger that came with the phone or an official HTC cord and adapter?

Any difference if you charge via a computer's USB port rather than a wall outlet?

If I had to guess I would say there is an application conflicting. Any chance you are using the program off the Android Market called Zedge? Possibly some other application that has the privileges to change the volume profile.
Do you play Scramble With Friends?

If it cannot be traced back to an application, then possibly there is some physical problem with the device? I'd carefully try doing your normal charging routine except with the battery door removed - making sure the battery doesn't fall out.

Or maybe the volume down key has an electrical short that presents itself once you plug the phone in and give it a charge. :thinking:

I am using another brand charger only for the fact that the HTC one was only about 3 ft. It would reach comfortably to my night stand but if I were to reply to a text it would bend the cable and eventually the rubber around the charging port tore causing that cable only to charge if the phone sets in a certain position. I didn't want to risk not getting a charge one night so I just starting using an old Blackberry charger which is about 6 ft. After I made this post yesterday my phone stopped the problem all on its own.

Upvote 0
This is ironic. I had the same problem as you. Media volume kept turning off. Ringtones kept resetting. I even have the same tearing on my charging cable so I was using my old Palm Pre charger. Turned out it was messing with my battery gauge as well.

I'm still having intermittent issues but using the HTC charger after doing a full power cycle has helped a lot. Also, setting ringtones up that were not custom has stopped the ringtone issue. I'm still getting the media-sounds turning off problem, but as far as I can tell this is App related and not an Android or HTC software issue.

Overall, I think all of this has something to do with the way the contents of the SD card communicate with the phone's main memory. Seems like all the sound issues I have always come back to sounds that are stored on my SD card vs on the actual phone.

I know I don't have any answers for you here. Sorry. Just trying to narrow down what is causing this =\

Upvote 0
I like using my evo as a mp3 player at work, i hook it up to some speakers and let it play away have 5 gigs of great music on it, but my big issue is the sound levels very to great from song to song... one song it will be normal, another song it will be really freaking loud where ill have to turn it almost all the way down, and some are to quiet... i know its the phone because everything i have came straight from my CD's and they play on my computer just fine with no sound issues.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how i can fix this? I like Pandora, but id really like to just listen to all my music i have on here.

thanks.

Upvote 0
the phone does not automatically adjust music levels or keep sound levels normalized. however the music is recorded volume wise is how the phone will play it back, assuming you are using the stock player and stock factory rom. if track 4 is lower than track 5, thats how its played on the phone.

what you need is an app that will keep levels consistent for you. I would ask this question in the APP section as this is not a phone issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones