• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mediaserver Draining Battery

Hi Guys, I was hoping for some help after looking through countless other similar threads but not finding anything to assist me.

I got my S4 two days ago, my last venture into Android was a HTC Desire HD, and the battery life was terrible on that so I'm being super sensitive about the battery on this S4.

Anyway, I have noticed that mediaserver is using a massive chunk of my battery. Most other threads have said it's to do with a streaming app or a corrupt file on the SD card, but I don't use/have either.

The only apps I have downloaded are Facebook, WhatsApp, NFS Most Wanted, MightyText, Google Authenticator, Pocket, HotUKDeals, O2 Priority Moments and My O2.

The only two culprits I could think of are WhatsApp and MightyText, but I'm not sure. Any advice guys.

Here's a screenshot of my battery as I type this post:
screenshot_2013-06-15-08-16-40_zpsb34bcf8d.png

I have a standard wallpaper (from my Gallery) and I did play music at one point through Samsung's Music Player, but then I closed it in the task killer (Double press home button.) I can't work out what it is. I have disabled Google Play Music for the time being to see if it improves as that would regularly open up in the "Active Applications" menu. Any other suggestions you may have will be appreciated.

It's a pain because people talk of going the whole work day on 75% battery, mine is down 5% during the 25 minute drive to work...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones