• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Medical Apps

Stangs55

Oct 28, 2009
As an iPhone user since day 1, I'm ecstatic at the thought that maybe the Droid will be the phone that gets me away from AT&T.

The problem is that, as a physician, I rely on many of the medical apps that the iPhone provides on a daily basis. Namely, epocrates and a medical calculator. I understand that epocrates has said they'll have a native android app by year's end...but what's out there now? Is there another drug reference? How about medical calculator?

I know that Unbound has their own solution...but it's notoriously abysmal on all platforms.

Is there a way to browse what's available on the andoird app store without having a handset?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Im an Ob-Gyn resident.
The medical apps out there are growing quickly. Skyscape (free) has a full pharmacopoeia as well as an extensive medical calculator for almost anything. They also have a decent quick referral for common medical conditions/drugs.

I am currently planning on purchasing Drugs in pregnancy and lactation ($2.99) which seems pretty impressive too.

ICD-9 data is available for the Droid ($9.99)

Theres also a bunch of calculators, dictionaries and eponyms available for free.

5-minute consult ($79.99) is similar to uptodate

Upvote 0
If you see or will see patients with musculoskeletal ailments, there is a decent app from Clinically Relevant Technologies that boasts a database of 250+ tests used for the diagnosis of musculoskeletal pathology. This includes videos, directions how to perform each test, and diagnostic properties for the tests fully referenced with PUBMed links so you know which are strong tests.

check it out at www.clinicallyrelevant.com

or there is a youtube video with a decent demo of the app below. Clinical ORthopaedic Exam

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones