Meeting InvitationSupport

Last Updated:

1. Jlopcpa

Jlopcpa Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 17, 2009
    I use both Google Calendar and Exchange on my Eris. Google is for my personal and family appointments and Exchange is my work related appointments.

I can not find a way to send a invite in the Eris Calendar for my google Calendar. It seems to automatically put the invite on my exchange calendar.

Maybe I am doing it the wrong way....I open my calendar (on the phone), tap menu, tap new, which open the appointment screen. I indicate that the calendar is google, fill out the information and nowhere on that screen does it allow you to add attendees. So I tap menu, and then tap Meeting Invitation, which opens now an email that has the To: Subject: Location: and Dates to set (and by the way why is the time in 24hr?). Once the invite is sent, and I save my google calendar appointment I know have 2 appointments in my phone calendar one for exchange (the one that was emailed) and one for google. And the invite only came from the exchange appointment created.

You would think since google calendar on web allow you to add attendees, the android application would do the same.

Am I doing something wrong or is this just a quirk with the HTC or android 1.5?

The one think I am not impressed with the HTC is the calendar, which is a basic PIM function that most people with Smart phones needs, but seems like an afterthought to be honest with you. The palm calendaring was much better than this one.

Any ideas, or is there a better calendar program out there?

2. huntsvegas

huntsvegas Active Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Doesn't appear to have that functionality. Looks like you have to create a "meeting" event in the web calendar, in order to add participants. I have my Eris synched up with g-calendar only (no exchange) and the menu doesn't give me the option to add participants. It's strictly a "singular" calendar event.
  3. LiquidC

LiquidC Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Just stumbled upon this post. I have the exact same problem. it seems that the meeting invite source is set to EXCHANGE by default. Also, i seems that the Droid Eris Android calendar lacks the ability to send meeting invites from the Google Calendar.
  4. wellmiss

wellmiss Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Try editing your meeting or appointment after it is on your calendar. I can't add at time of setting up the meeting or appointment, but when I edit I can add a "guest" from my contact list.