• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Meetings calendar

pinky

Dec 10, 2013
Hello,

I would like a calendar which can deal with all contacts, not just the ones with emails. I have calendars with options to add participants, but only if they have an email. I do not use email for meetings. I want the same with phone numbers. So I could see which contact I am meeting and when. I even tried adding events to my contacts info, but you can add only date not the time. It's a pretty simple function, is there any free simple calendar which can add new events with participants?

What do you mean by "add them" if they don't have email addresses? I would think that most calendars interpret adding a participant as allowing you to send an invitation, which means an email address.

Business Calendar 2 does however have the option to "link private contacts" to an event, which adds a list of people whether they have email addresses or not. So if that helps then give it a go.

Reactions: pinky and Mikestony
Upvote 0
Yes I need contact linking,because I only call my clients to set up meetings and remind them. Business calendar is a paid app, I would like a free app because it's even more basic function than sending out invites by email. Or evena contacts app where you can add dates and times for metings, not just dates. So it all appears in calendar later. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Actually Business Calendar 2 is free, but some features are paid, and I see that contact linking is one of them.

Well the other calendar apps on my phone didn't have the option at all (I have several, I'm like that). I expect Pimlical has it, as that app has almost everything (and is descended from the old Palm calendars which I know let you add notes to appointments). However, that is a paid app too. So I'm afraid I'm out of suggestions.

Upvote 0
Actually, try Informant. That's also free with in app, but I just tried it on a hunch, and while it won't let you add contacts without email, it will let you add "attchements" to an appointment then select contacts as attachments. And I think this was a free feature (I didn't pay for it, and can't see any indication that it thinks I've paid already - I've trialled so many calendar apps that I cannot be certain). So while it's not pretty, that may give you one option.

I did notice that the attachment wasn't visible if I viewed the appointment in another app. This may be the reason the feature isn't common: most calendars sync with Google as their default, so if Google don't support a feature there's less incentive to add it. Just speculating at this point.

Upvote 0
After lolipop update it messed up contacts in calendar. I have the same fake emails for all clients and it worked before, but now I add one ontact but it uses email to see which one it is and all my invitees are the same contact. Apparently, google doesn't care which contact i choose, only which email. So why it allows to add the same email to multiple contacts. It seems a lost cause.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones