• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {DISCONTINUED}MegaTron 6.2.5 (Updated 7/13/13)

Hi guys I'm using the blue ver.5.1 Of the rom . I updaed some of the apps and. I started removing some when I updated root uninstaller it fc'ed like crazy I removed the update and it worked again so I finished removing apps that auto start and unneeded . And noticed battery life was iffy compared to starrom .6 and wanted to know why .also wanted to know where the default wp is in the rom .

battery life on 5.1 is not that different from starrom 0.6.
$hEvRon ROM packs mores stuff like the crt effect the quickpanel and more stuff that will require more battery to run them all. Its not that much of a difference, maybe 5 or 8 more percent down by the end of the day when you compare it to the starrom.

Upvote 0
I did some research regarding Email.apk and it seems other phones have trouble with deodexing this file. I found a link with instructions on how to exclude this from being deodexed and will report back with it when I'm at a computer but thought this might give you guys a clue for a fix.

This post has the info I was looking at with ignoring Email.apk while deodexing:
http://androidforums.com/warp-all-things-root/512100-deodex.html#post4077345

I tried replacing the dedoexed version with the original apk and odex file from my stock backup but it wouldn't take, so I assume its something that needs to be done at a lowere level than I"m familiar with.

Hope this gets it going cuz I'm dying without my exchange sync :)

Upvote 0
This post has the info I was looking at with ignoring Email.apk while deodexing:
http://androidforums.com/warp-all-things-root/512100-deodex.html#post4077345

I tried replacing the dedoexed version with the original apk and odex file from my stock backup but it wouldn't take, so I assume its something that needs to be done at a lowere level than I"m familiar with.

Hope this gets it going cuz I'm dying without my exchange sync :)

It has something to do with the frameworks.

Reactions: webworker
Upvote 0
Just tried to apply a UOT theme and it broke the notifacation bar...just a warning to anyone who mods with uot..dont know if tnis will happen everytime but just happened to me..restoring backup

Try using fresh apk's from the ROM, so use a file explorer and copy systemUI.apk and framework-res.apk then use those files to uot the rom. And if you flash and it still doesnt show the status bar, try installing it manually either using adb or a root explorer then reboot.

Upvote 0

Go to settings application then select manage applications and then find Google play store choose clear data, clear cache, and then uninstall updates. Also find google services framework and the music app and hit clear data. Turn off phone,
boot into cwm then select wipe Cache then when done go to the advance option in cwm then select wipe dalvik and also choose fix permission reboot your phone "could take a good while" and then test again.

Upvote 0
and also are you guys going to do another update of this rom but if you do can you put thinkoffice that was on the phone when i brought it cause i really need it cause i need to unzip some music files and i will give you money if you do it :D

hey bro i can make a flashable zip for you if ya want

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Prevail using Tapatalk Beta 2

Upvote 0
Try using fresh apk's from the ROM, so use a file explorer and copy systemUI.apk and framework-res.apk then use those files to uot the rom. And if you flash and it still doesnt show the status bar, try installing it manually either using adb or a root explorer then reboot.

tried that..everytime it breaks the status bar...something with the new status bar toggles and the uot theme dont jive.. breaks it everytime

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Prevail using Tapatalk Beta 2

Upvote 0
I have come to find that unzipping the framework-res.apk from a UOT theme and placing it manually in /system/framework and rebooting doesnt kill the statusbar and you have your UOT theme. Havnt tested yet but im quite sure that its the systemUI.apk is killing the status bar in a UOT theme.

whats strange...i only tweaked certain things..i wasnt trying to make an actual whole theme..i stayed away from any changes to the status bar..only changed battery..loading circle and lock screen

Sent from my Samsung Transform Ultra using Tapatalk 2 Beta 2

Upvote 0
whats strange...i only tweaked certain things..i wasnt trying to make an actual whole theme..i stayed away from any changes to the status bar..only changed battery..loading circle and lock screen

Sent from my Samsung Transform Ultra using Tapatalk 2 Beta 2

If you removw or replace the systemui.apk manually it automatically kills the status bar until you reboot thats how android works with it.. I'll try and figure out why UOT kills the status bar but for now just place the apk's manually dont use cwm to install your uot theme unless its our green and red theme. I would have never seen this as i theme the ROM manually i dont use UOT to theme anymore, thanks for reporting guys.

Upvote 0
If you removw or replace the systemui.apk manually it automatically kills the status bar until you reboot thats how android works with it.. I'll try and figure out why UOT kills the status bar but for now just place the apk's manually dont use cwm to install your uot theme unless its our green and red theme. I would have never seen this as i theme the ROM manually i dont use UOT to theme anymore, thanks for reporting guys.

lol yeah uot has always been pretty cookie cutter..but they are good for a few things like battery mods..im trying to set the lock screen back to stock gb..but like i said above..didnt mod anything with status bar..i wasnt making a theme...just a few lil changes..

Sent from this Gtab 10.1 using Tapatalk 2 Beta 2

Upvote 0
The problem is that the TU has a COMPLETELY different set of arguments in the updater-script in order to flash stuff with cwm..

The typical: package_extract_dir("system", "/system/app"); does NOT work with the TU

in fact,, myself, bads3ctor, PenguinRepair, Smith058, and Davegrow all have been trying to figure out the correct arguments for months now.

Nothing seems to work!!! Thats why bads3ctor is re-considering getting another one...
I think that samsung was really trying to hinder dev on this device by making it so different and I'm not the only one who believes this..

so the UOT.zip does not fully flash to the ROM correctly because the arguments do not work..

that is why you are killing the status bar.. ;)

On another note.. chev and I are doing some re-thinking on the rom and maybe we'll have a minor update soon to fix a couple issues you guys are having. We are working together to get the e-mail app working the way it should right now and I have a few things up my sleave i wanna add too..:D

Reactions: ChoznJuan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones