• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {DISCONTINUED}MegaTron 6.2.5 (Updated 7/13/13)

I was wondering why shevron 5.1 shows up as 5.0 on about phone on my ultra.
Chev and I both are the devs for this ROM. we both created the later versions but he manages the OP. it didnt change because 5.1 is just a hot hix for a bluetooth issue that testers found when we deodexed the stock music app.. 5.1 just fixes this. you are still running 5.0 technicaly. a new version will be 6.0

Upvote 0
not sure yet.. no etas yet.. open for suggestions.. your input is truly welcome

have a few ideas.
maybe reodexing if possible to fix e-mail
adding some init.d scripts for speed and stuff
maybe some more build.prop tweaks
making the ROM(/system) as light as possible for speed as well
finishing the other themes and making them all seperate ROMs so you can have all three in your clockworkmod/backup folder and can flash whatever one you like that day;)

Chev thought we should change the name to reflect both of us instead of just him...
I thought about Megatron..... ?

IDK...

????

Reactions: kingjames2.0
Upvote 0

have a few ideas.
finishing the other themes and making them all seperate ROMs so you can have all three in your clockworkmod/backup folder and can flash whatever one you like that day;)

Chev thought we should change the name to reflect both of us instead of just him...

IDK...

????

yea megatron sounds good and that would be awesome if you finished the themes I'm using the green on right now

Upvote 0

have a few ideas.

IDK...

????

megatron is a cool name

Upvote 0
First off thanks for all your hard work on this I love the rom...

Couple questions I have on uninstalling apps.
1. Root uninstaller doesn't work for me initially it opened but I couldn't uninstall what I wanted to anyway (more on that next). Now it wont even open just say stopped unexpectedly. Any way to re install it? Or get rid of it?

2. Downloaded a different root uninstaller but I cant uninstall any apps I want to like animated weather, getjar, go locker, memory status, etc... Is it possible to remove these or do they have to stay on the phone?

3. Is there a plan to release the default blue color as an update so I can try the other colors without having to re install a full backup if I don't like them?

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
First off thanks for all your hard work on this I love the rom...

Couple questions I have on uninstalling apps.
1. Root uninstaller doesn't work for me initially it opened but I couldn't uninstall what I wanted to anyway (more on that next). Now it wont even open just say stopped unexpectedly. Any way to re install it? Or get rid of it?

2. Downloaded a different root uninstaller but I cant uninstall any apps I want to like animated weather, getjar, go locker, memory status, etc... Is it possible to remove these or do they have to stay on the phone?

3. Is there a plan to release the default blue color as an update so I can try the other colors without having to re install a full backup if I don't like them?

Thanks in advance

Try a different root uninstaller and if thoses arnt working use ES File explorer that was provided in the rom and navigate to /system/app and delete the app you dont want manually and then reboot.

Yes the blue theme will be separate from the ROM in the future.

Upvote 0
I don't know about it not working in the first place but that root uninstaller was not working for me either once I updated it.. I suggest uninstalling your updates to see if it won't stop force closing for you..

I use titanium backup to uninstall or freeze personally...
I use Titanium Backup Pro as well. To me it seems to be the best and only app management you need by far and the pro version is simply a must have to me if you're a root user. I't has tons of options that no other app has or can do besides backing up apps like, moving a /system/app to /data/app or vise versa. and the "intergrate update into ROM" option. what this does is, when you have a /system/app(part of the ROM) like GMaps. when the market updates gmaps, the update gets installed as a /data/app(user space) so you end up with two versions. one in system and one in data. the update being the one used. this will delete the old one and move the update back into /system/app. and thats just two of the many options it has for true app managment

Upvote 0
I have a big bug I don't know if it's the rom or not. I reloaded 5.1 after prime rom. handed the phone to mygirlfriend for work yesterday and she called me to tell me it wasn't picking up income calls and it wouldn't send txt msg's. today I rebooted it to see if it would work it still doesn't . I also had a network error when I tried to send a msg to myself "network error 7" I believe it went off to fast for me to see any ideas please reply a.s.a.p

Upvote 0
I have a big bug I don't know if it's the rom or not. I reloaded 5.1 after prime rom. handed the phone to mygirlfriend for work yesterday and she called me to tell me it wasn't picking up income calls and it wouldn't send txt msg's. today I rebooted it to see if it would work it still doesn't . I also had a network error when I tried to send a msg to myself "network error 7" I believe it went off to fast for me to see any ideas please reply a.s.a.p

It could be a network issue but do the following first find your msl code and then go to your dialer and type ##72786# you will be prompt for your msl code enter it and yes when the pop up appears your phone will reboot. Your network settings should be cleared up. Please feel free to pm me if you have anymore questions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones