• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {DISCONTINUED}MegaTron 6.2.5 (Updated 7/13/13)

Think i'll be updating the theme in a couple weeks after 5.2.3 released. In the notification bar people said they wanted the blue to be balanced there do you guys till wanna keep the blue for incoming notifications when you have your status bar down or would you rather darkish like ICS. The next update will drop an incredible 70 megabytes off the ROM, as sone useless apps wil be removed and half the data will be cut. we do listen to you guys and we try our best to make sure it gets done.

Upvote 0
Think i'll be updating the theme in a couple weeks after 5.2.3 released. In the notification bar people said they wanted the blue to be balanced there do you guys till wanna keep the blue for incoming notifications when you have your status bar down or would you rather darkish like ICS. The next update will drop an incredible 70 megabytes off the ROM, as sone useless apps wil be removed and half the data will be cut. we do listen to you guys and we try our best to make sure it gets done.

your awesome

Upvote 0
So, if you bricked your phone or you can't save it from a bootloop because you did something you shouldn't have or something went wrong, I have made a backup to restore your bricked ultra back to Shevron using Odin.

Everything you need is in the package..
just download and unzip
includes:
Shevron tar files
TransformUltra.ops
Odin.exe (program)
samsung phone drivers
how-to instructions

This one will restore Shevron 5.1, ClockworkMod, and Bob's Kernel

And of course.. Chev will put it in the OP :D
your welcome

Odin_Rooted_BobKernel_CWM_Shevronver5.zip

Upvote 0
So, if you bricked your phone or you can't save it from a bootloop because you did something you shouldn't have or something went wrong, I have made a backup to restore your bricked ultra back to Shevron using Odin.

Everything you need is in the package..
just download and unzip
includes:
Shevron tar files
TransformUltra.ops
Odin.exe (program)
samsung phone drivers
how-to instructions

This one will restore Shevron 5.1, ClockworkMod, and Bob's Kernel

And of course.. Chev will put it in the OP :D
your welcome

Odin_Rooted_BobKernel_CWM_Shevronver5.zip

this is great

Upvote 0
i just got the boot-loop thing too this morning, after updating some apps from the market.

question:
so the only way i can get the phone working again, is to first do a system wipe, then do a fresh install of 5.1 ? i tried doing a restore of 5.1 over the existing 5.1 without wiping first, but i still have the boot-loop.

i actually need to make some important phone-calls, so i kinda need to know.

it wouldn't be an issue, except i haven't backed up my data with titanium for about 2 months, so doing a fresh install of the rom will cause me to lose some important config (i know, my fault)

thanks in advance :thinking:

Upvote 0
nevermind guys - i went ahead and wiped the phone, then flashed 5.1, now the phones working fine - i may have lost my config, but at least i have a working phone :eek:

the next logical question is - do i hold off on re-setting up my phone? as i understand it theres a new version of the rom coming forth soon? i guess if i started to build the phone, at some point whatever made the phone start to boot-loop, would occur again..

thanks again for the help :cool:

Upvote 0
nevermind guys - i went ahead and wiped the phone, then flashed 5.1, now the phones working fine - i may have lost my config, but at least i have a working phone :eek:

the next logical question is - do i hold off on re-setting up my phone? as i understand it theres a new version of the rom coming forth soon? i guess if i started to build the phone, at some point whatever made the phone start to boot-loop, would occur again..

thanks again for the help :cool:

Good and not sure yet we're having a little difficulties with the script but it should be fixed in no time. kinda hoping to having 5.2.3 out by next week friday or even earlier as this sunday but can't make any promise's.

Upvote 0
thanks for the reply-- is it safe to start working on setting up my phone again, or do i need to wait?
i dont want to put more work into it, just to run into that boot-loop again at some point in the future..

thanks

To be quite honest not sure for a ETA me and mavrick are working on it as i type this i would say not to start setting it up just yet. the update will be coming something next week so just wait a week, who knows we could get it working as early as tonight and release it sunday.

EDIT: we got it working good guys, when i get a full day in the next couple of days "less than a week" i will update the ROM soon.

Upvote 0
Hi, i always wanted to try to run this custom ROM I've been hearing a lot of good things about it, i read the instructions but I'm not the reading kind, is there any instructional videos that would really help a lot i want to see how it really goes so i don't do anything stupid to my phone, thanks a lot
Sorry no videos yet..

Do you have a rooted Transform Ultra?
If not. You can do that from here:
http://androidforums.com/transform-ultra-all-things-root/430140-acs-root-transform-ultra.html

Do you have clockworkmod for the ultra?
Get that from here:
http://androidforums.com/transform-...s-clockwork-mod-recovery-transform-ultra.html

you need these first before you do any type of custom Roms. I would also suggest that you read and learn what all those things are before trying anything on your phone. If you don't care to read then it might be better for you to just leave your phone stock.. As it takes many hours of reading to learn about modding. This is not just a turn key process. You must have some knowledge before attempting such things as this. But we are always welcome to new comers and everyone is very helpful around her. It's a great community :)

Reactions: casperischinky
Upvote 0
Sorry no videos yet..

Do you have a rooted Transform Ultra?
If not. You can do that from here:
http://androidforums.com/transform-ultra-all-things-root/430140-acs-root-transform-ultra.html

Do you have clockworkmod for the ultra?
Get that from here:
http://androidforums.com/transform-...s-clockwork-mod-recovery-transform-ultra.html

you need these first before you do any type of custom Roms. I would also suggest that you read and learn what all those things are before trying anything on your phone. If you don't care to read then it might be better for you to just leave your phone stock.. As it takes many hours of reading to learn about modding. This is not just a turn key process. You must have some knowledge before attempting such things as this. But we are always welcome to new comers and everyone is very helpful around her. It's a great community :)

Thanks a lot, yeah my phone is rooted but i don't have the clockworkmod yet, and yeah i guess ill read more about it i have some knowledge but not enough to know exactly what i should do or what would happen, and thanks for the warm welcome, and yeah i see all the posts here and they're all very helpful :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I've been trying to get my brother's new Sprint TU to run this and right now I'm sitting in Odin watching the stock .tar being flashed....

I don't know where I went wrong. Coming from Verizion, I've had a ton of experience with every Motorola that wasn't bootlocked and never had a problem. I touch my ex-g/f's SGS about a year ago and its never the same, and now a simple slider has me at the 45 minute mark of downloading system.img.ext4 onto it.

At one point, the ROM looked real fresh. I want that back. I'm tired of recovery screens X_x

Upvote 0
Chev and I both are the devs for this ROM. we both created the later versions but he manages the OP. it didnt change because 5.1 is just a hot hix for a bluetooth issue that testers found when we deodexed the stock music app.. 5.1 just fixes this. you are still running 5.0 technicaly. a new version will be 6.0

Do you have anything similar to this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones