• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {DISCONTINUED}MegaTron 6.2.5 (Updated 7/13/13)

Do you have anything similar to this?
comming soon...
1. we're changing the ROM name to Megatron ROM.
2. we will be putting the new ROM out as a flashable.zip
Chevan and I got a working CWM Updater-script for the Ultra with a lot of help from Bads3ctor and PengiunRepair.. This is big news for the entire TUltra community as now every dev can use this to flash their ROMs.. I will be sending a copy to Smith and Davegrow as well.

3 New completed themes of blue, red, and green(no ETAs please)
chevan is having a bunch of problems getting it to work right now so don't bug him about it. He has been working his ass off on this
4. getting rid of all the extra apps and the bloatware apps as well
5. hopefully zipaligned and init.d support in the boot.img
6. init.d ram script to optimize auto app kill and maybe a few others

Upvote 0
comming soon...
1. we're changing the ROM name to Megatron ROM.
2. we will be putting the new ROM out as a flashable.zip
Chevan and I got a working CWM Updater-script for the Ultra with a lot of help from Bads3ctor and PengiunRepair.. This is big news for the entire TUltra community as now every dev can use this to flash their ROMs.. I will be sending a copy to Smith and Davegrow as well.

3 New completed themes of blue, red, and green(no ETAs please)
chevan is having a bunch of problems getting it to work right now so don't bug him about it. He has been working his ass off on this
4. getting rid of all the extra apps and the bloatware apps as well
5. hopefully zipaligned and init.d support in the boot.img
6. init.d ram script to optimize auto app kill and maybe a few others

Thanks man and can't wait and pretty soon I'm going to swtich over to Verizon and get HTC fireball.

Upvote 0
Ive had Star SC-rom on my ultra since rooting. I just tried this rom, and i really liked it. Looks amazing, and i enjoyed all the features and whatnot. But...i have this issue where it just gets SLOW, and bogged down and choppy quite frequently. I feel like theres too much going on, which is probably why its so purdy. Any suggestions or thoughts? or am i alone

Upvote 0
Can't wait till the new release comes out

Its gonna be way longer than we expect, bricked my phone while testing init.d support with the new kernel, computer wont pick up my phone and the drivers are working fine yet Odin nor my computer picks up the phone in download mode, its picks it up in ramdump mode but its a useless screen, my ultra is hard brick and if samsung decides not to send my another one my days here at the forums are pretty much done.

Upvote 0
chevanlol360, thank you for all the hard work youve done on this phone, its appreciated.

in light of your decision, what should i do? go back to stock rom? i use my phone for work so i need to start working on getting it set back up- what is your suggestion on this?

ehh your choice, 5.1 is very stable and certainly wont brick your phone, if you do decide to go back to stock use my nandroid backup for stock rom.

Upvote 0
ehh your choice, 5.1 is very stable and certainly wont brick your phone, if you do decide to go back to stock use my nandroid backup for stock rom.

yeah i put 5.1 on fresh a few days ago when i wiped the phone, but isnt that what i was on when i started getting the boot loop to begin with? only difference being that, that time, id installed 5.1 over previous versions, whereas this was a fresh install - granted im not getting the strange android process failed message that i was before, so maybe the fresh install made the difference..

so with a choice between stock, and 5.1, youd say that 5.1 is the better option? (for stable foreseeable future usage)?

thank you

Upvote 0
yeah i put 5.1 on fresh a few days ago when i wiped the phone, but isnt that what i was on when i started getting the boot loop to begin with? only difference being that, that time, id installed 5.1 over previous versions, whereas this was a fresh install - granted im not getting the strange android process failed message that i was before, so maybe the fresh install made the difference..

so with a choice between stock, and 5.1, youd say that 5.1 is the better option? (for stable foreseeable future usage)?

thank you

I wouldnt say its a better choice as stock is better than anything but, the ROM is very stable enough to run daily.

Upvote 0
i tried to do a odin flash for a fresh start since i was having the same problem i was having before(cant get calls in and cant send msgs) and was hoping it would help now i cant get it to boot past cwmr or downloader is there something i did wrong . looked at the instructions (all of the boxes in odin were checked in first set of options) . is there a way to bring it back please help.

Upvote 0
i tried to do a odin flash for a fresh start since i was having the same problem i was having before(cant get calls in and cant send msgs) and was hoping it would help now i cant get it to boot past cwmr or downloader is there something i did wrong . looked at the instructions (all of the boxes in odin were checked in first set of options) . is there a way to bring it back please help.

Boot into cwm then restore 5.1 and do a factory reset. That should fixs your calls and text problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones