• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {DISCONTINUED}MegaTron 6.2.5 (Updated 7/13/13)

When my phone was dying, got this Red bar in the top center in the middle of time. Charged it up & won't go away. Please any help chev or maybe someone else? Pic included>

Attachments

• 20120917011811.png
    20120917011811.png
    214.7 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: jjayno
Upvote 0
It's too bad there's not a way of disabling the time like there is in CTMod so we can get a better look at the icon, or whatever it is.

A few things I would try (and in this order): 1. Change the screen orientation from portrait to landscape. And back a couple times. This will (to some extent) force the launcher to redraw the status bar and everything. 2. Go into the preferences menu for the launcher, and change something like the number of homescreens (it's best to add a screen so you don't have to redo whatever gets deleted ;) ). The launcher will force-reset itself and hopefully clear the anomaly. 3. If steps 1 and 2 fail, reboot the phone. This will both reset the launcher, and reset whatever caused the thing to appear in the first place (which could arguably cause it to come back, as well).

It's hard to tell from the picture, but the red line looks kind of like some rogue battery icon thing. In any case, as long as whatever caused it to appear to begin with isn't still sending the signal to display the kajigger, it should go away with the above steps. Unfortunately though, without having seen it myself, and without a better picture of it, I'm just taking stabs in the dark as to what it is, and how to fix it.

Upvote 0
son how you do that!!?

Go Launcher with a Portal icon pack/theme but i used a background from zedge and also used a clock app from the store i think named bobs clock XD i also have ring tones and notifications set up to go along with. for example, when my wife calls it plays the turret opera from the end of portal 2 and when i get a text it plays GladOS's voice saying i have a new message.

i spent like 4 hours getting everything right.

Reactions: tejodite
Upvote 0
It's too bad there's not a way of disabling the time like there is in CTMod so we can get a better look at the icon, or whatever it is.

A few things I would try (and in this order): 1. Change the screen orientation from portrait to landscape. And back a couple times. This will (to some extent) force the launcher to redraw the status bar and everything. 2. Go into the preferences menu for the launcher, and change something like the number of homescreens (it's best to add a screen so you don't have to redo whatever gets deleted ;) ). The launcher will force-reset itself and hopefully clear the anomaly. 3. If steps 1 and 2 fail, reboot the phone. This will both reset the launcher, and reset whatever caused the thing to appear in the first place (which could arguably cause it to come back, as well).

It's hard to tell from the picture, but the red line looks kind of like some rogue battery icon thing. In any case, as long as whatever caused it to appear to begin with isn't still sending the signal to display the kajigger, it should go away with the above steps. Unfortunately though, without having seen it myself, and without a better picture of it, I'm just taking stabs in the dark as to what it is, and how to fix it.

Reset it like you said & it went away thanks man!

Upvote 0
Hahahaha, thanks. :) It's available for download in its own thread, if you like. ;) But with the time and effort you put into setting up your Aperture Science phone, I wouldn't balme you for wanting to keep things as-is.

I love the white theme alone but before 6.0 it was the blue theme and im considering going back to it via the ics theme in the front of the thread unless someone might wanna build an orange one lol jk :p

Upvote 0
I know I am late here..but I want to install this rom and realize it had a lot of revisions..so If i follow the OP, I should be ok? I ask this because I see no instructions for installing the custom kernal . Does it install just with the megatron6.zip? Also, if i choose not to use the partioning thing..Do i just skip the steps and install apps as usual? does this effect anything else? Thanks..

Upvote 0
I know I am late here..but I want to install this rom and realize it had a lot of revisions..so If i follow the OP, I should be ok?

Yes. Explanation below.

I ask this because I see no instructions for installing the custom kernal . Does it install just with the megatron6.zip?

Unless I'm mistaken, the version currently available for download on the OP is 6.0.1, which does not have the kernel, but 6.0.2 does. If that's the case, then when the ROM is all done booting up, you'll want to go into Goo Manager, and try "Check for Updates" from the main menu (this didn't work for me for the latest release, so it might not for you, either). If it works, it will want to download the 6.0.2 version. If not, you can download the update manually by going to (from the main menu of Goo Manager) "browse all files - devs - Chevanlol360 - Megatron 6.0 - Versions" and choose the version for the carrier you're on. Then boot into CWM and flash the zip, and you're done. :)

Also, if i choose not to use the partioning thing..Do i just skip the steps and install apps as usual? does this effect anything else? Thanks..

Yes, you can opt out of partitioning the SD card and using Link2SD. All it will affect is the Link2SD app included with the latest update, which can be uninstalled if you decide you don't want to use it.

Upvote 0
you can still use store apps to move most stuff to sd card but they arent nearly as advance as Link2SD but you also don't have to recreate mount scripts etc when you decide to break your stuff lol. Link2SD is really cool tho since it runs the full apps from sd card rather then keeping a footprint on the internal memory like the store apps for moving to sd card. i have like 70MB extra free by using the Link2SD method but im also running a 32GB sd card lol

Upvote 0
Yes. Explanation below.

Unless I'm mistaken, the version currently available for download on the OP is 6.0.1, which does not have the kernel, but 6.0.2 does. If that's the case, then when the ROM is all done booting up, you'll want to go into Goo Manager, and try "Check for Updates" from the main menu (this didn't work for me for the latest release, so it might not for you, either). If it works, it will want to download the 6.0.2 version. If not, you can download the update manually by going to (from the main menu of Goo Manager) "browse all files - devs - Chevanlol360 - Megatron 6.0 - Versions" and choose the version for the carrier you're on. Then boot into CWM and flash the zip, and you're done. :)
The latest version has been in the op since the night it came out

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones