Memo APK??

1. dragonzsoul

dragonzsoul Well-Known Member

somehow i lost my samsung memo app, which i actually like and had data stored on. i have an apk/odex file, but i don't know where to put them on my phone to install memo again. i've tried installing the apk, but it says install failed, i don't know why. during install, it'll ask me if i wanna overwrite the current program. this leads me to think that the memo app is still on my phone, just not listed in the programs. so, any ideas on how i can recover it?

Advertisement
  2. Droidus

Droidus Well-Known Member

when i wanted to install it in my phone I just used root explorer and copied/pasted it into system/app
  3. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

yup it has to be moved into system/app and installed from there
  4. dragonzsoul

i tried that.. it didn't work though :(
  5. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

6. dragonzsoul

still not working in there either... odd
  7. alterjon

alterjon New Member

I was in a similar situation and i got Memo back successfully.
    I even had similar problems with copying Memo.apk not getting it done.

I used SuperManager from Market as my root explorer app, to copy Memo.apk to /System/App, but that was a fail.

Turns out I had to go to the SuperManager app's Settings first to enable it Root Access, and then had to do the copying. When you've browsed to the /System/App, SuperManager will also prompt you to enable R/W access first before doing the copy.

Hope this helps,
  8. rblancrt

rblancrt New Member

This was exactly my situation just registered to say thanks for sharing the info....it worked