• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Memory Allocation

walkerx

Dec 14, 2008
I've noticed that when uninstalling applications, not all of the memory is returned.

According to phone I only had 21mb of space left, and when deleted a 6mb application it then reported only 24mb free, but after doing a reset I'm back to 72mb free on the phone.

As anyone else noticed this when deleting applications

I've noticed that when uninstalling applications, not all of the memory is returned.

According to phone I only had 21mb of space left, and when deleted a 6mb application it then reported only 24mb free, but after doing a reset I'm back to 72mb free on the phone.

As anyone else noticed this when deleting applications

Deleting an app doesnt immediately recover all the memory ... but the memory manager may do it given time .... so next time give it a bit more time or try and use the "MemoryUpdate" app (if you can still download it from the Developers web-site ... it was pulled from the market ... I am still using my copy of it ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones