Memory and Force ClosesSupport

Last Updated:

1. mongofrye

mongofrye Member This Topic's Starter

I am running Galaxo 1.6.1. Seems like my phone runs very slow. key presses and app responsiveness is pretty bad especially when i am going between apps like google maps and pandora. at this point it starts to turn into one force close after another)

I'm not an expert on android, but i installed Estrongs task manager and the max memory i get when i kill all apps is about 20mb. i'm often running at about 10-14 at normal use. (i'm sure its much less when the force closes start)

Does anyone have any suggestions for freeing up memory? I saw some tweeks for the previous galaxo roms but those don't seem to apply to 1.6

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. damuffinman

damuffinman Well-Known Member

I would suggest installing 'AutoKills' from the market and set the memory management to 'aggressive' or 'optimum'. See if that makes a difference.

3. Alonski

Alonski Active Member

is autokills 1.6 and up?

4. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

aggressive memory management kinda defeats the whole point of multitasking, no?

5. damuffinman

I do agree with you on that point, but with Samsung only leaving 20mb of free RAM after boot, that doesn't really allow you to multitask, no? :rolleyes:

6. damuffinman

Just to add that the responsiveness may not just be linked to the amount of free memory. Try using Overclock Widget or SetCPU from the market to keep your phone at 528Mhz when the screen is on. It does make a difference