• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

(memory booster, app killer, cache cleaner, start up manager IN ONE APP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. So, im not one of those who are completely against Task Killers. But, after messing with this app for about 20 minutes, its garbage.

Its very slow (just to pull of the config settings took about 15 seconds). Then, after killing only what i wanted, it reverted some of my settings (wallpaper, active widgets) all though i had them selected to continue running. It basically force closes ALL running applications (including phone/browser/settings/wallpapers). Some, well most of those you really dont need to kill.

I HIGHLY do NOT recommend this app. It is of course just my opinion.

@rcrott1....i visited their website and noticed the same thing in the screenshot they had. It is free, but i seriously dont recommend this app.

Upvote 0
Okay. So, im not one of those who are completely against Task Killers. But, after messing with this app for about 20 minutes, its garbage.

Its very slow (just to pull of the config settings took about 15 seconds). Then, after killing only what i wanted, it reverted some of my settings (wallpaper, active widgets) all though i had them selected to continue running. It basically force closes ALL running applications (including phone/browser/settings/wallpapers). Some, well most of those you really dont need to kill.

I HIGHLY do NOT recommend this app. It is of course just my opinion.

@rcrott1....i visited their website and noticed the same thing in the screenshot they had. It is free, but i seriously dont recommend this app.
Jedii, I have trusted your opinion on previous apps, and agree'd with them all, and therefore wont waste my time there. Thanks brotha

Upvote 0
Jedii, I have trusted your opinion on previous apps, and agree'd with them all, and therefore wont waste my time there. Thanks brotha

Glad to help man.

Too the developer, I do not mean to shoot down your product, but i believe this particular app is defective.

I have used many task killers in the past and i fully understand why some phones need them, and why some dont ( i dont want this thread to turn into another task killer debate).

But, like i said....this app, is not good. I have left feedback on the market (as have others). And all feedback is in accordance with my opinion.

Upvote 0
I appreciate Jedii for his attention to the app and i'm sorry for stopping his widgets and wallpaper.
1) Stopping incorrect apps is fixed.
The point is that there are settings in the app choosing page (to kill selected items or to kill unselected items). And the default option was to kill unselected. It's not a usual behaviour. It was a mistake and it is fixed in the last version.
Additionally there is a log now (Menu/Logs). It contains records regarding every app stopped, cleaning cache summary, browser history cleaning and preventing of app booting.
Minor popup notifications are added as well.
2) it's still slow. But it will be as fast as ATK Free in a week.
I think it is not a good excuse now that the configuration page is opened second time in much less time.

Ok, so I hope there will be other reviews of the app :) I'll really appreciate it.

Upvote 0
Refine Efficiency - RefineAndroid : powered by Doodlekit
Ok, it's now as fast as ATK Free is. :)
"Kill Running Apps" is modified (non running apps are removed from the list, notification icon is added (can be simply removed) which shows running apps list immediately). So you need 3 taps to kill apps instead of 4 taps in ATK Free.
All the lists have sorting by name or memory/cache size.
"Clean Cache" feature is not for root user only now. If you don't have rights to clean cache automatically you can do it for each app individually. Just press on the app in the list and select "Clean Cache".

Upvote 0
Even if Jedi doesn't like the app, it's no need to call it garbage! It's down right nasty and unprofessional! I would not trust your opinion. I have my own mind and am very independent and don't like your assessment.
Now I have not used this app, and I would not have a need to, but come on...show some respect to the dev.

And then you wonder why people like to get paid apps for free...It's because of reviews like this!

Upvote 0
if you have unrooted device, It should work this way:
1) you click "Clean Cache" on the main page. Nothing is cleared. Notification is appeared "You don't have an ability to clean cache. Clean cache for an app by clicking it in the list". The same message is appeared in logs (Menu->Logs).
2) you opens app list page (any "Config" button on the main page brings you there). Long press on an item as the message in the 1st step says. Select "Clean Cache". The window with app's details is appeared. You can tap "Clear Cache" there.
(* there is no way to clean cache of all apps for unrooted devices.)

2thomasanderson: Does the 2nd step work for you?

Upvote 0
v.0.8.1.22, Refine Efficiency
FORCE CLOSE have been fixed in v.0.8.1.14.
RESOURCE USAGE IN BACKGROUND (service) is fixed in v.0.8.1.22.
To verify resource usage improvement:
- go to (on Froyo) Home Screen\Settings\Applications\Running services;
- launch Refine Efficiency by the notification icon in the status bar;
- tap "back" - there is a text "10M" for instance there. Then the service restarts itself and in a 20 seconds there is a text "4.5M" there;
- tap "back"\Manage Applications. It's needed to OS performs garbage collection;
- tap "back"\Running services. There is a text "3M" or even less there.
So Refine Efficiency service uses little memory. The text "4.5M" should not confuse you. OS can take 1.5M at any time it requests memory.
Bye, see you on next improvement release.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones